PHILIPPINES: Sales jump 21% in November
New vehicle sales in the Philippines jumped by almost 21% to 14,620 units in November, compared with 12,090 units a year earlier, according to the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines (CAMPI).
In the first 11 months of the year CAMPI sales increased 8% to 141,283 units, up from 130,812 units a year earlier, driven by buoyant domestic economic growth, cheaper credit and improved product supply as the automotive industry recovered from the two major natural disasters to hit the region last year.
By contrast, Hyundai Asia Resources - the largest non-CAMPI member, reported a 24.5% drop in sales to 1,673 units in the same month, compared with 2,217 units a year earlier.
The company attributed its decline in sales in recent months to a lack of inventory from its parent company. Nevertheless, cumulative sales for the 11 month period were 8.3% higher at 20,491 units versus 18,922 units the year before.
The UK market looked strong in May while Toyota's UK plant, clobbered by the 2008 recession, is now claimed to be back at capacity, following the start of production of the Auris Touring Sports or, to...
General Motors' decision not to build the next generation Aveo in South Korea - at least to start - looks like provoking a confrontation with the country's militant auto trade unions....
Hyundai and are expected to pass the 7m cumulative sales mark in China this month....
Hyundai Mobis is planning to expand its network in India to counter fake components which have been coming into the market....
SUV maker Mahindra and Mahindra has made its first push into India's small car market to compensate for increasing competition in the 4x4 market....
General Motors and its joint ventures sold "a May record" 252,942 vehicles in China, the automaker said. Volume rose 9.4% year on year....
Toyota was the top selling brand in Australia in May 2013 and also had the top two selling models: Hilux and Corolla....
New Zealand passenger car registrations of 6,347 vehicles in May were the best for that month since 1990, according to the local Motor Industry Association....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2015 Range Rover Hybrid
- Briefing: 48V mild hybrids (3)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Hobnobbing with the A-listers
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- Geneva show debuts list updated
- OnStar to be 'revolutionary' in Europe - Opel head
- BMW 2 Series Convertible launched
- No Mexico-Brazil agreement on new auto pact
- GENEVA: Toyota joins engine downsize bandwagon
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029