VIETNAM: Sales fall 21% in October
New vehicle sales in Vietnam fell by close to 21% to 7,430 units in October, from 9,369 units in the same month last year, according to data released by the Vietnam Automotive Manufacturers Association.
Passenger vehicle sales fell by over 24% to 4,250 units, from 5,605 units, while commercial vehicle sales fared a bit better – with sales falling by 12.5% to 3,051 units.
Vietnamese consumers and businesses continue to struggle with high interest rates, tight lending and slowing economic growth. In the first 10 months of 2012, vehicle sales fell by over 30% to 63,358 units, from 90,857 units in the same period of last year.
Market leader Truong Hai, which assembles Kia cars and various commercial vehicles, reported a sales drop of over 26% to 19,436 in the first 10 months of 2012; followed by Toyota with 18,752 sales (-25.3%); and GM-Daewoo with 4,601 units (-44.2%).
Datamonitor's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organ...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
New vehicle sales in Vietnam jumped by 34% to 8,001 units in April, from a depressed 5,972 units in the same month of last year, according to data released by the Vietnam Automotive Manufacturers Asso...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- Q&A with Tenneco: Energy recovery technologies
- PSA issues new business plan
- BEIJING DEBUTS: Volvo S60L PPHEV concept
- NYIAS DEBUTS: next Mazda MX-5 Miata preview
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- The bubble car is back, fit for the 21st century
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028