VIETNAM: Sales fall 21% in October
New vehicle sales in Vietnam fell by close to 21% to 7,430 units in October, from 9,369 units in the same month last year, according to data released by the Vietnam Automotive Manufacturers Association.
Passenger vehicle sales fell by over 24% to 4,250 units, from 5,605 units, while commercial vehicle sales fared a bit better – with sales falling by 12.5% to 3,051 units.
Vietnamese consumers and businesses continue to struggle with high interest rates, tight lending and slowing economic growth. In the first 10 months of 2012, vehicle sales fell by over 30% to 63,358 units, from 90,857 units in the same period of last year.
Market leader Truong Hai, which assembles Kia cars and various commercial vehicles, reported a sales drop of over 26% to 19,436 in the first 10 months of 2012; followed by Toyota with 18,752 sales (-25.3%); and GM-Daewoo with 4,601 units (-44.2%).
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
Quarterly/fiscal full year results continued to roll in this week with a healthy uptick at Suzuki in 2012/3, the latest Japanese automaker to finally shrug off the combined effects of the double whamm...
New vehicle sales in Vietnam jumped by 34% to 8,001 units in April, from a depressed 5,972 units in the same month of last year, according to data released by the Vietnam Automotive Manufacturers Asso...
US-based electric car maker Tesla Motors has posted its first ever quarterly profit in the first quarter as it also said it exceeded its target for deliveries....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Active safety in the spotlight
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Škoda Octavia estate 4x4
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- Bear Grylls, brand ambassador for Land Rover
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- Lada production to be cut as sales stall
- Toyota GB introduces DIY vehicle assembly kits
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times