SOUTH AFRICA: Renault studies local Duster assembly
Renault South Africa will add both the Clio and Dacia Duster to its line-up this year and is “carefully studying” the feasibility of building the Duster at the Nissan plant in Rosslyn, Gauteng, Renault South Africa managing director Susumu Uchikoshi said.
Initially the Duster will come from the Alliance factory in Chennai, India, which began exporting right-hand drive models to the UK at the turn of the year. Duster sales are due to start in South Africa in the second half of the year.
Sales of the new Clio, sourced from Renault’s Bursa, Turkey, plant are due to start in April as the company looks to grow sales volumes by 20%. Last year it sold 10,000 vehicles.
Clio and Duster join Megane and locally-built Sandero and Sandero Stepway. Renault South Africa sales and operations vice president Leslie Ramsoomar said that local Sandero assembly had been “very beneficial” to the company, with 6,500 Sanderos built at Rosslyn in 2012 and plans to increase capacity by 20% in 2013.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Hyundai Motor India, currently second, wants to overtake market leader Maruti Suzuki one way or another by the end of the decade....
Vehicle importers enjoyed record sales in South Korea in July, with total volumes rising by almost 39% to 14,953 units, according to the Korea Automobile Importers and Distributors Association....
Iran Khodro (IKCO) says it is hopeful Iran's recent election of a new President will allow more partners - as well as its old Renault and Peugeot business allies - to have full operations in the count...
Nissan Motor and its local joint ventures sold 90,900 automobiles in China in July, up 1.8% from a year earlier, the automaker said....
New Zealand's new vehicle importers' association has dubbed last month "another exceptional month" after the strongest July registrations for passenger vehicles (6,769) since 1987 and the best July co...
- ANALYSIS: MG on the road to nowhere
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Land Rover Defender
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The year is flying by...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: It's good news week....
- First Solihull Jaguar leaps into production
- GKN claims world first for integrated FCA AWD
- Shanghai show debuts list updated
- Regulator fines Deloitte over MG Rover failures
- GERMANY: Mazda outsells Nissan as Qashqai crashes
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029