FRANCE: Renault revives Gordini name
Renault is planning to revive the Gordini name, a heritage sports label, for Gordini variants of its sporty small cars.
Renault says that the French blue, white stripes and front panel inset with four round headlights all contributed to an eternal identity that is an important part of Renault's sporting heritage.
The fashionable and sporty Gordini label still possesses its exclusive, sport-oriented values, Renault says.
Twingo Gordini will be unveiled on 25 November at L'Atelier Renault on the Champs Elysées in Paris as part of the 'Christmas in Blue' exhibition. It will be launched next spring. Clio Gordini will be launched a few months later.
With its elegant finish and strong design codes, the Gordini label offers a fresh interpretation of Renault's sporty values, Renault says.
Born in 1899, Amédée Gordini, who developed almost 200,000 Renault vehicles over a 20-year period, achieved some of the brand's greatest sporting achievements. After working as a racing mechanic in his teens, Gordini developed his own sports racing and Grand Prix cars before being engaged by Renault in the mid-1950s. The Renault 8 Gordini was one of his most successful and iconic creations, finishing 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th in the 1964 Tour of Corsica rally.
Today's ruling by the UK Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) that Renault must pull an electric vehicle ad in its current form throws up some interesting questions....
For the automotive industry, India has many attractions, not least the availability of a well educated, low cost labour force, particularly in the areas of engineering and IT....
After March sales of 18,015 vehicles, Colombia's Q1 2010 volume was up 10.1% to 49,676 units, making a full year tally of 205,000 quite feasible....
Spain's scrappage scheme is continuing to boost demand for new cars as sales surged 39.3% last month compared to April last year to 93,637....
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- Management briefing: 48V mild hybrids (2)
- COMMENT: Diesel not out in London and Paris
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Hobnobbing with the A-listers
- Geneva show list updated
- Honda chief quits
- UK: Aston Martin to reveal future models strategy
- Ricardo unveils new prototype electric motor
- Land Rover updates Evoque
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)