FRANCE: Renault revives Gordini name
Renault is planning to revive the Gordini name, a heritage sports label, for Gordini variants of its sporty small cars.
Renault says that the French blue, white stripes and front panel inset with four round headlights all contributed to an eternal identity that is an important part of Renault's sporting heritage.
The fashionable and sporty Gordini label still possesses its exclusive, sport-oriented values, Renault says.
Twingo Gordini will be unveiled on 25 November at L'Atelier Renault on the Champs Elysées in Paris as part of the 'Christmas in Blue' exhibition. It will be launched next spring. Clio Gordini will be launched a few months later.
With its elegant finish and strong design codes, the Gordini label offers a fresh interpretation of Renault's sporty values, Renault says.
Born in 1899, Amédée Gordini, who developed almost 200,000 Renault vehicles over a 20-year period, achieved some of the brand's greatest sporting achievements. After working as a racing mechanic in his teens, Gordini developed his own sports racing and Grand Prix cars before being engaged by Renault in the mid-1950s. The Renault 8 Gordini was one of his most successful and iconic creations, finishing 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th in the 1964 Tour of Corsica rally.
Today's ruling by the UK Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) that Renault must pull an electric vehicle ad in its current form throws up some interesting questions....
For the automotive industry, India has many attractions, not least the availability of a well educated, low cost labour force, particularly in the areas of engineering and IT....
After March sales of 18,015 vehicles, Colombia's Q1 2010 volume was up 10.1% to 49,676 units, making a full year tally of 205,000 quite feasible....
Spain's scrappage scheme is continuing to boost demand for new cars as sales surged 39.3% last month compared to April last year to 93,637....
- COMMENT: 'Showing instruments' in West stand off?
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (3)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Citroën DS4
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- [12:45BST update]: Nissan's Palmer named Aston CEO
- PARIS DEBUTS: Infiniti Q70 2.2d
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- CHENGDU SHOW: World premieres
- Kia to build new plant for American markets
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants