FRANCE: Renault non-Europe sales hit record
International sales for the Renault group in the first half of 2012 hit a record high, rising 14.3% to the market’s 9.5%, thanks to strong performances in Russia and Brazil but this growth was insufficient to offset the 14.9% fall in European sales.
The group sold 1.3m vehicles worldwide, down 3.3% on first-half 2011, despite a positive second quarter (up 1.2%). Market share came to 3.3%, down 0.3 points.
Record sales of 620,306 vehicles, up 14.3% year on year, were made outside Europe which accounted for 47% of group volume compared with 39% in first half 2011.
Europe sales were down 14.9% owing to a sharp fall in the markets (and France in particular) and to the group’s 'unit margin defence strategy' and the range restructure in the UK.
French group sales contracted 15.2%, the result of a strong first-quarter 2011 boosted by the last deliveries of scrappage-bonus vehicles and a weaker than expected market.
Group passenger car sales fell 3.9% to 1,145,737, for a market share of 3.8%.
Renault sold 182,700 light commercial vehicles, up 0.4%.
Renault brand sales fell 2.4% to 1,113,913.
Dacia was up 2.5% to 181,280.
Sales at Renault Samsung Motors brand plunged 41.2% to 33,244.
This time last week I contrasted the generally lousy car sales news coming out of Europe with the generally good news from elsewhere on this mortal orb, with the exception of India, perhaps. This week...
Happy New Year. And all that. Now, for those to whom it applies, the turkey and associated festivities are out of the way for another year, 'tis time to look back at 2012 sales and ahead at 2013....
Details of concepts and new models which made their global debuts at the Geneva motor show on media preview days 5 and 6 March....
Renault has proposed increasing working time at its factories by an average of 6.5%, claiming it would make its sites "more attractive" and save EUR65m, but the move has incensed one French union, whi...
A decrease in export market demand for Colombian products and commodities combined with domestic speculation about car tax reform and the free trade agreement (FTA) with the US - with its consequent f...
The UK new car market rose 5.3% in 2012 to over 2m units, the best result since recession struck in 2008. The positive result contrasts with declines in other major European national car markets....
Vehicle sales in Europe are likely to fall for a sixth straight year in 2013, extending damaging price wars as mass-market manufacturers seek to protect their market share, Fitch Ratings says....
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- Briefing: Innovative emission technologies
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Peugeot Fractal added
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- Toyota restarts Tianjin site after port inferno
- Maxxis renews relationship with Liverpool FC
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030