CHINA: Renault-Nissan to add capacity in China - reports
Renault is reportedly close to announcing an agreement to produce cars in China with domestic partner Dongfeng.
If a deal is done, it would provide Renault with its first car producing factory in China. The company has said before that it plans to build cars in China.
Reuters reported that the joint production plans include an electric vehicle and an SUV, according to unspecified sources.
The report added that the two makers have hurried the deal in order to beat a change in China's foreign investment rules that will make FDI more difficult.
Chinese press reports said Renault was looking to manufacture cars in Wuhan, central China, where Dongfeng already has an auto factory.
Dongfeng is already a manufacturing partner to Renault's alliance partner Nissan. Reports last week in Japan said that Nissan will build its fourth Chinese auto factory in Dalian City. The Nikkei business daily said the new plant will have an annual capacity of 200,000 vehicles and is scheduled to start production in 2014.
A final update of just-auto's list of concepts and production models which made their debuts at the Los Angeles auto show's 28 & 29 November press days....
Renault is insisting it was simply preparing for all scenarios as it emerged today (12 October) it had envisaged a possible suicide among its wrongly-accused top executives involved in the so-called '...
Peugeot is the latest western manufacturer to report growing sales in China as buyers turn away from Japanese models in the fall-out over the disputed Diaoyu islands....
Global automotive industry figures may indicate another year of record vehicle sales and production, but it feels more like a recession to many, delegates at a just-auto event heard today....
Over 2,000 workers at General Motors' Opel/Vauxhall plant in Ellesmere Port, northwest England, are moving to a four-day week as a cost-cutting move....
Toyota has signed a joint Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) together with major automotive manufacturers and organisations from the Nordic Countries for the market introduction of fuel cell electric v...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Maserati Ghibli diesel
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Mitsubishi's top-selling PHEV
- ANALYSIS: Q1-Q3 ASEAN sales down 11%
- SAO PAULO SHOW: World premieres
- Protests grow against VW recall action in China
- Audi reportedly scraps A6 Hybrid
- Under new Ford CEO, new life beckons for Lincoln
- LA DEBUTS: Porsche Panamera Exclusive Series
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Automotive Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Systems Market 2014-2018
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report