CHINA: Renault-Nissan to add capacity in China - reports
Renault is reportedly close to announcing an agreement to produce cars in China with domestic partner Dongfeng.
If a deal is done, it would provide Renault with its first car producing factory in China. The company has said before that it plans to build cars in China.
Reuters reported that the joint production plans include an electric vehicle and an SUV, according to unspecified sources.
The report added that the two makers have hurried the deal in order to beat a change in China's foreign investment rules that will make FDI more difficult.
Chinese press reports said Renault was looking to manufacture cars in Wuhan, central China, where Dongfeng already has an auto factory.
Dongfeng is already a manufacturing partner to Renault's alliance partner Nissan. Reports last week in Japan said that Nissan will build its fourth Chinese auto factory in Dalian City. The Nikkei business daily said the new plant will have an annual capacity of 200,000 vehicles and is scheduled to start production in 2014.
A final update of just-auto's list of concepts and production models which made their debuts at the Los Angeles auto show's 28 & 29 November press days....
Renault is insisting it was simply preparing for all scenarios as it emerged today (12 October) it had envisaged a possible suicide among its wrongly-accused top executives involved in the so-called '...
Peugeot is the latest western manufacturer to report growing sales in China as buyers turn away from Japanese models in the fall-out over the disputed Diaoyu islands....
Global automotive industry figures may indicate another year of record vehicle sales and production, but it feels more like a recession to many, delegates at a just-auto event heard today....
Over 2,000 workers at General Motors' Opel/Vauxhall plant in Ellesmere Port, northwest England, are moving to a four-day week as a cost-cutting move....
Toyota has signed a joint Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) together with major automotive manufacturers and organisations from the Nordic Countries for the market introduction of fuel cell electric v...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Premium electric SUVs...
- Briefing: Innovative emission technologies
- ANALYSIS: Honda's BR-V could be The Next Big Thing
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: smart & VW Golf updates
- JLR expects "many" of 5,800 Tianjin cars damaged
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- GM strike ends as Mercedes truck workers walk
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030