FRANCE: Renault may shoot wide of low-cost vehicle target
Renault may miss its target of selling 1m low-cost vehicles this year, according to Les Echos newpaper.
The company’s entry-level model could be wide of their global goal by as much as 5%, the newspaper said, quoting Renault programme director Arnaud Duboeuf.
Particularly badly hit are sales in Iran where Renault assembles the Logan and Megane 2 in a joint venture. Financial sanctions against Iran are having an effect compounding declining European demand.
The Entry range, which includes models such as the Duster SUV, Logan sedan and Sandero compact, has been a major sales driver for Renault during Europe's worst market slump in decades.
Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn has told just-auto that the next 2-3 years will be mediocre for the European car market with little growth, but that he believes Europe's economy will be in a growth phase aft...
As the middle of the year gets closer, the the European automotive marketplace isn't getting any easier. By last year, Western Europe's car market had lost 3m units since its 2007 peak (a heady 14.8m...
Ongoing sovereign debt crises across Europe are continuing to have a major impact on the Continent's automaking development, with 2007 production levels not expected to return until 2017, says analyst...
- ANALYSIS: What does TPP mean for autos?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Volkswagen, diesel, recalls
- COMMENT: Tesla Model X - the elephant in the room
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Redesigned Vauxhall (Opel) Astra
- Thailand looks to end first-time buyer overhang
- Aston Martin mulls new factory location
- JLR confirms Brazil plant will assemble Evoque
- LA SHOW: Facelifted Porsche 911 AWD variants
- EXCLUSIVE: Fiat UK returning to C segment in 2016
- VW India issues stop-sale order for Polo
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electric motors market- forecasts to 2030