VENEZUELA: Renault inks plant study with government
Renault Venezuela and the country's Industry Ministry have inked a letter of intention to create a vehicle assembly plant, although the signature only confirms a feasibility study for local car production.
Separately the first Training Centre for Automotive Mechatronics -the systematic combination of mechanics, electronics and real time information technology - has opened at the Dr. Federico Rivero Palacio University Technology Institute of the University of Caracas.
This centre is the result of a joint project between the Venezuelan Ministry of the People's Power for University Education, the French Ministry of National Education and Renault Venezuela.
The centre will enable 60 students each year to obtain an automotive technician diploma.
Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn has told just-auto that the next 2-3 years will be mediocre for the European car market with little growth, but that he believes Europe's economy will be in a growth phase aft...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Automotive market in Turkey to grow at a CAGR of 8.4 percent over the period 2011-2015. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the Turkish Gover...
Vehicle assembly in Colombia began in 1956 when the government signed an agreement to build Austin trucks locally. Colombian entrepreneurs soon saw the opportunity to invest in technology to be part o...
Deliveries from the Volvo group's truck operations in April 2013 amounted to 16,572 vehicles. This was a decrease of 2% compared with the year-earlier month....
Russia is unlikely to witness its previous exponential growth rate of 20% in the short-term, but it will nonetheless post substantially improved performance compared to Europe, says one automotive con...
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM CEO recall comments draw senator's retort
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028