BRAZIL: Renault Argentina redoes the old Clio for Brazil
Renault's new, old Clio comes from Argentina; tops Brazil's fuel economy charts
Renault Brazil is continuing with the old Clio model but with a facelift inspired by the redesign launched at the Paris motor show. It is called New Clio rather than the Clio Mio used in Argentina where it is built.
The updated, 79bhp one-litre engine, ethanol-compatible of course, is the reason the compact hatch gets the top rating in the Brazil Vehicular Labelling Programme.
A 9% improvement over the previous version resulted in 10.5/7.0 l/100km in the city and 9.3/6.3l/100km on the motorway (ethanol/petrol). That's 26.8/40.4mpg and 30.2/44.6mpg and it edges out the previous champion - the Fiat [Uno] Mille Economy.
Apart from a new nose, other changes include the instrument cluster and upholstery. Retail price – very sensitive in this segment – was slashed by R$700/US$335 on average and now starts at R$23,290/$11,100 (two-door) and reaches R$28,550/US$13,600 (four-door, air-conditioning and power steering).
There's no height adjustment for seats, belt or steering wheel, or roof grab handles, but onboard computer ABS and airbags are standard, unlike its competitors.
I wouldn't have thought that, with the current state of play in the European auto industry, there'd be too much niggle in the union ranks. But we've reported on a bit this week....
We live in strange times. As Fisker, a rival with supposedly superior range-extending technology falls apart, the value of Tesla rises yet again, this time by almost two percent on Wednesday to US$9.7...
Fiat says production at three plants in Italy, Spain and Serbia has now resumed after huge disruption caused by a dispute with a key supplier....
Fiat has denied it is shifting its legal company headquarters from Italy following the planned merger with Chrysler Group....
A new Magneti Marelli Automotive Lighting plant has been opened in Foshan, Guangdong province, in southern China....
Fiat is considering moving corporate headquarters to the US following a planned merger with Chrysler Group, a news report said on Wednesday....
- Management briefing: Paris show preview
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: BMW i8
- Jaguar's XE spearheads new industrial strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris gets closer
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Renault Twingo
- PARIS DEBUTS: Honda CR-V facelift
- EC gives Germany two months to comply with MAC
- JLR to start Brazil assembly with Discovery Sport?
- Ford recalls 850,050 cars for airbag systems check
- ZF UK axle factory marks 10 years of JLR supply
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- Analysis of over 140 Lithium-based Rechargeable Battery Manufacturers: Chemistry, Strategy, Success
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report