UK: Renault appoints Nissan’s Ramirez to top job
Sybord, credited with taking tough decisions including axing loss-making models and cutting the dealer network, is being promoted to a new European role which will be announced later, Renault said in a statement.
Puerto Rica-born Ramirez, who has a degree in electrical engineering, joined Nissan in 2002 following over 10 years at Motorola’s automotive electronics and telematics communications groups.
He has held various roles at Nissan technical centres in North America and Japan, the North American and Mexican national sales companies and, most recently, Nissan Latin America and the Caribbean where he was responsible for 37 markets.
Ramirez said: “Under Thierry's leadership, Renault UK has made significant progress through its business evolution plan, at both company and dealer levels. I look forward to continuing to rebuild our brand value and market presence in the months ahead.”
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Renault has posted an operating margin of EUR583m (US$628m) million in the first half of 2013, although recorded a provision of EUR512m to cover its exposure in Iran....
Sales growth of 34% in the first half of this year has catapulted Suzuki into the UK top 20, ahead of Volvo and Mazda and nibbling at the heels of Renault....
Nissan has posted a net profit of JPY82bn (US$830m) profit for the first quarter of financial year 2013/14 despite a 3% dip in global vehicle sales from a year ago....
Nissan Motor plans to churn out about 40% more luxury vehicles at its factory in Tochigi Prefecture this fiscal year in anticipation of increased exports to North America....
BMW reportedly is to buy a stake in British company Chargemaster which produces and installs half of the UK's charging points for electric cars....
Analysts are confident that vehicle sales in Malaysia will improve in the second half of the year, driven by attractive seasonal offers and model launches....
Renault says it is studying closely new sanctions imposed against Iran by the US as domestic manufacturer, IKCO, claims a tentative agreement has been been reached to build CKD Clio type 3 and 4 model...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Volkswagen, diesel, recalls
- ANALYSIS: What does TPP mean for autos?
- COMMENT: Tesla Model X - the elephant in the room
- Q&A: Magna’s CTO on the autonomous car
- Thailand looks to end first-time buyer overhang
- Aston Martin mulls new factory location
- JLR confirms Brazil plant will assemble Evoque
- LA SHOW: Facelifted Porsche 911 AWD variants
- Magna does deal to acquire Stadco
- EXCLUSIVE: Fiat UK returning to C segment in 2016
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electric motors market- forecasts to 2030