ITALY: Renault and Lovegrove to show car concept that draws on nature
Renault and Ross Lovegrove will unveil a concept-car at the Triennale of Milano April 8th at 12:00; it is described as "a new creation that underlines Renault’s Design strategy".
Renault and Lovegrove Studio have collaborated to explore new design languages. Renault says that "by examining nature, its systems and energy transactions, this project intends to bring awareness and understanding of those phenomena and their current impact".
Working with contemporary computational design, Ross Lovegrove and his studios intention is to "reveal nature's underlying blueprints and transfer them into a new design language".
The concept-car will be on exhibition at the Triennale of Milan from April 9th to 14th.
Far away from all the usual biannual September hype emanating from the Messe in Frankfurt, those of us back at the ranch have been keeping an eye on another mess - ongoing industrial strife in South A...
Was there a single theme to this year's biennial automotive extravaganza, otherwise known as the 65th IAA International Motor Show?...
Alliance partners Renault and Nissan both made the news this week. The two news items were rather different, but there was a curious common denominator of sorts: step forward Carlos Ghosn, boss of bot...
Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus and Nissan Motor have agreed a deal for Nissan's N350 Urvan to be supplied to Fuso on an OEM basis for export....
The chief executives of the Renault-Nissan Alliance and Daimler said their companies' partnership is advancing quickly, and the scope of the collaboration is increasingly global....
There were conflicting opinions at Frankfurt about the prospects for self-driving cars in the near future - even among some of the companies which claim to be leading their development....
Seat, the Spanish unit of Volkswagen, is looking to the Mediterranean region in its drive to return to profit, its new chief executive Juergen Stackmann said....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)