GERMANY: Recticel cuts 150 jobs as Mercedes C-Class work ends
Recticel Automobilsysteme is to restructure in Germany with the loss of around 150 jobs following the news it had not been successful in securing interior component production for the Mercedes C-Class model.
"This restructuring plan aims to reduce at the Rheinbreitbach plant over the period 2014-2015 by about 150 jobs on a total of 178," said a company statement.
"On 7 December, 2011, Recticel announced its Automotive Interiors division had not
been nominated for the production of interior components for the new Mercedes C-class. The production of interior components for the current Mercedes C-class will therefore end in 2015, hence the need for restructuring."
Discussions with the Works Council will start in the coming weeks in order to identify support measures, including "mobility" to other Recticel Automotive plants, added the supplier.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
The analysts writing this report forecast Global Automotive Head-up Display market to grow at a CAGR of 28.61 percent over the period 2012-2016....
Mercedes-Benz is insisting its vehicles comply with the Directive on Mobile Air Conditioning (MAC) coolant, adding the current explosive row was aiding French automakers that are battling against a ch...
Mercedes-Benz has fought back against comments from European Union (EU) trade commissioner, Antonio Tajani, as the dispute concerning the automaker's continuing use of refrigerant r134a shows no sign ...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Bear Grylls, brand ambassador for Land Rover
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- MOSCOW SHOW: World premieres - final list
- Lada production to be cut as sales stall
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018