GERMANY: Recticel cuts 150 jobs as Mercedes C-Class work ends
Recticel Automobilsysteme is to restructure in Germany with the loss of around 150 jobs following the news it had not been successful in securing interior component production for the Mercedes C-Class model.
"This restructuring plan aims to reduce at the Rheinbreitbach plant over the period 2014-2015 by about 150 jobs on a total of 178," said a company statement.
"On 7 December, 2011, Recticel announced its Automotive Interiors division had not
been nominated for the production of interior components for the new Mercedes C-class. The production of interior components for the current Mercedes C-class will therefore end in 2015, hence the need for restructuring."
Discussions with the Works Council will start in the coming weeks in order to identify support measures, including "mobility" to other Recticel Automotive plants, added the supplier.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Mercedes-Benz is insisting its vehicles comply with the Directive on Mobile Air Conditioning (MAC) coolant, adding the current explosive row was aiding French automakers that are battling against a ch...
Mercedes-Benz has fought back against comments from European Union (EU) trade commissioner, Antonio Tajani, as the dispute concerning the automaker's continuing use of refrigerant r134a shows no sign ...
European Union Trade Commissioner, Antonio Tajani, is stressing "urgent" action is needed by all members of the European Union (EU) to find a solution to the air conditioning refrigerant impasse that ...
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- What now for docked Hoegh Osaka cargo?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Honda CR-V update
- RESEARCH ANALYSIS: Review of instrumentation
- Automakers anxious to learn Osaka cars fate: Hoegh
- JLR recreates 1948 line for Defender plant tour
- Most cars unscathed by Osaka drama: ship owner
- Honda changes air bag supplier from Takata
- Hoegh Osaka due back in Southampton at 17:00 GMT
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029