INDONESIA: Record Indonesia sales in October
New vehicle sales in Indonesia jumped by just under 24% to a new monthly record of 106,807 units in October, compared with 86,345 units a year earlier, according to data released by Indonesian automotive industry association Gaikindo.
Cumulative sales for the first 10 months of the year increased by 24.4% to 932,132 units, from 749,199 units a year earlier, prompting the association to raise full-year forecasts to 1.1m units.
The market has seemingly been unaffected by higher down-payment requirements on car loans, introduced across the banking sector in June. Consumers and businesses continue to enjoy record-low interest rates amid strong economic growth and high levels of capital investment.
Sectors: Vehicle markets
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Diesel developments
- Comment - emissions 'failures' hardly a surprise
- ANALYSIS - supercharged Jaguar XF
- Federal-Mogul on trends in the plug market - Q&A
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - VW agrees a deal with the US
- JLR achieves aluminium recycling milestone
- Ford to idle top-selling truck's plant for a week
- BMW launches 'big battery' i3 EV
- Ford books record Q1 pre-tax profit
- Mitsubishi orders plunge in crisis