INDONESIA: Record Indonesia sales in October
New vehicle sales in Indonesia jumped by just under 24% to a new monthly record of 106,807 units in October, compared with 86,345 units a year earlier, according to data released by Indonesian automotive industry association Gaikindo.
Cumulative sales for the first 10 months of the year increased by 24.4% to 932,132 units, from 749,199 units a year earlier, prompting the association to raise full-year forecasts to 1.1m units.
The market has seemingly been unaffected by higher down-payment requirements on car loans, introduced across the banking sector in June. Consumers and businesses continue to enjoy record-low interest rates amid strong economic growth and high levels of capital investment.
Sectors: Vehicle markets
- ANALYSIS - Jaguar takes on Porsche with F-PACE
- THE WEEK - aftermarket player and new products
- Autumn facelift beckons for Citroen's Family hit
- General Motors' platform strategy decoded
- Peugeot steps up a gear with new 3008
- Romanian PM asks Ford for more
- Ford recalls 271,000 F-150s for brake job
- Magna to build aluminium casting facility in UK
- Maserati to double Levante SUV output
- Volkswagen nominates 55 FAST suppliers
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market - forecasts to 2030
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (12-month membership)
- Global light vehicle roof systems market - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle turbochargers market - forecasts to 2030