INDONESIA: Record Indonesia sales in October
New vehicle sales in Indonesia jumped by just under 24% to a new monthly record of 106,807 units in October, compared with 86,345 units a year earlier, according to data released by Indonesian automotive industry association Gaikindo.
Cumulative sales for the first 10 months of the year increased by 24.4% to 932,132 units, from 749,199 units a year earlier, prompting the association to raise full-year forecasts to 1.1m units.
The market has seemingly been unaffected by higher down-payment requirements on car loans, introduced across the banking sector in June. Consumers and businesses continue to enjoy record-low interest rates amid strong economic growth and high levels of capital investment.
Sectors: Vehicle markets
- COMMENT: Diesel not out in London and Paris
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- Management briefing: 48V mild hybrids (2)
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- ANALYSIS: Europe's fragile recovery continues
- Honda chief quits
- Geneva show list updated
- Land Rover updates Evoque
- UK: Aston Martin to reveal future models strategy
- Ricardo unveils new prototype electric motor
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)