INDONESIA: Record Indonesia sales in October
New vehicle sales in Indonesia jumped by just under 24% to a new monthly record of 106,807 units in October, compared with 86,345 units a year earlier, according to data released by Indonesian automotive industry association Gaikindo.
Cumulative sales for the first 10 months of the year increased by 24.4% to 932,132 units, from 749,199 units a year earlier, prompting the association to raise full-year forecasts to 1.1m units.
The market has seemingly been unaffected by higher down-payment requirements on car loans, introduced across the banking sector in June. Consumers and businesses continue to enjoy record-low interest rates amid strong economic growth and high levels of capital investment.
Sectors: Vehicle markets
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- COMMENT: Volvo's US sales surge as China reverses
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- China's economic turbulence worries auto industry
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Toyota Prius added
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- BMW launches smartphone wireless charging
- Uber hires car hacking engineers
- just-auto takes a late summer break
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020