INDONESIA: Record Indonesia sales in October
New vehicle sales in Indonesia jumped by just under 24% to a new monthly record of 106,807 units in October, compared with 86,345 units a year earlier, according to data released by Indonesian automotive industry association Gaikindo.
Cumulative sales for the first 10 months of the year increased by 24.4% to 932,132 units, from 749,199 units a year earlier, prompting the association to raise full-year forecasts to 1.1m units.
The market has seemingly been unaffected by higher down-payment requirements on car loans, introduced across the banking sector in June. Consumers and businesses continue to enjoy record-low interest rates amid strong economic growth and high levels of capital investment.
Sectors: Vehicle markets
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Lexus concedes to Germany
- PLDB Future Models - LA & Guangzhou shows insights
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Lexus NX 300h
- INTERVIEW: Fiat brand head, Olivier Francois
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- BELGIUM: Jaguar overtaken by Lexus across Europe
- 2014 LA SHOW: World debuts list [final version]
- GUANGZHOU DEBUTS: 'Chery Land Rover' Evoque
- Jaguar Land Rover to recall vehicles over TPMS
- JLR announces new connectivity platform/app