DETROIT/AN CONGRESS: Quotes from show and congress floors
They're just mine, other people will have other memorable lines from a week in Motown, but here's a snapshot, in no particular order, of a week in Detroit.
- "The biggest threat to Michelin in North America is the economy and the biggest threat to the economy is the deficit," chairman and president Michelin North America, Pete Selleck.
- "There is no reason not to be interested," JCI power solutions [batteries] president Alex Molinaroli on its monitoring of the A123 situation.
- "This is the worst recession we have recovered from since the Depression," Ford CEO, Alan Mulally, at the Automotive News World Congress in Detroit.
- "It is about Mississippi continuing the plantation mentality." General Missionary Baptist State Convention of Mississippi president and MAFFAN chair, Reverend Isiac Jackson, at Detroit press conference to ask for union rights at Nissan in Mississippi.
- "We patterned our original transportation system after the UK," - Ford executive chairman Bill Ford tells just-auto why the 1903 Model A had right-hand drive.
- "The auto business will come back into fashion for young people," - Michigan governor Rick Snyderon the state's strong rebound from the downturn.
- "For 80 years the Nizhny Novgorod plant had no leader - now we have a leader. [Vladimir] Putin likes me - he says I am smart guy." - GAZ Group CEO Bo Andersson at Automotive News dinner.
- "It is another urban myth that I get, frankly, tired of," General Motors North America president, Mark Reuss. "The electric car is not dead."
- "We are trying to influence the people who are writing the cheques out," - Sunderland City Council chief investment officer, Tom Hurst.
- "Nissan workers have asked me to join their campaign. They have taken a courageous stand here. They are standing up for their families and community. For them to vote to have a union is a step to take control of their lives and their community," - Hollywood actor Danny Glover on Mississippi workers' union fight.
After it looked a bit like just-auto had become part of the global Toyota PR machine last week, this week, for a day or two at least, you could have been forgiven for thinking we had now 'crossed over...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global cockpits and instrumentation sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use t...
Global Auto Components industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also ...
Over 500 vehicles have been updated in our live database of current and future new passenger car product over the past week, and we've added new future models....
Business Monitor International's Australia Autos Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, auto associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with indepe...
- Jaguar Land Rover's lightweight future
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- INTERVIEW: Ford UK fleet director, Phil Hollins
- 'One Ford' has kept us alive in Europe
- GENEVA: Jaguar names 'small' saloon XE
- GENEVA: Apple launches car iOS
- EXCLUSIVE: Renault axes another EV
- GENEVA SHOW: World premieres [final list]
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- Global light vehicle HVAC market 2008 to 2028