FRANCE: PSA unions to meet next week on Aulnay staff transfer
The shift forms part of PSA's plans to cut up to 8,000 of its workforce and shut the Aulnay factory in a bid to stem haemorrhaging losses in Europe.
"There will be a Works Council...probably at the beginning of the week in Paris," white collar CFE-CGC Aulnay union delegate, Eric Charlier, told just-auto from France. "There is no indication the closure of the site will happen earlier.
"The planning is not precise [Aulnay closure], there is nothing announced, we don't know what rhythm this will be, whether [or] not 50 people per week. It could take several weeks before people move."
The strike that has blighted Aulnay is still continuing with around 200 labour body members - although not from the CFE-CGC union - making their feelings known.
"We have never thought to stop production is a good thing," said Charlier. "There is a second part of restructuring of the factory that takes time. We have our interests in continuing production."
A PSA spokeswoman in Paris confirmed to just-auto its Works Council had agreed social measures for those losing jobs or transferring to Poissy, although there is no indication yet Aulnay may close earlier than planned.
Despite the CFE-CGC's more moderate stance - "my union is apolitical compared to others" - Charlier nonetheless criticised French industrial strategy which had "been going down" for a decade.
"Successive governments have distanced themselves," he said. "Our government is also caught up in the [economic] torment."
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Units by the following Product Segments: Battery Powered Electric Vehicles (BPEVs), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), and Fuel ...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
The analysts writing this report forecast the Global Automotive Camera Module market to reach US$1,554.72 million by 2016....
Iran Khodro (IKCO) says it is hopeful Iran's recent election of a new President will allow more partners - as well as its old Renault and Peugeot business allies - to have full operations in the count...
The analysts writing this report forecast Global Automotive Head-up Display market to grow at a CAGR of 28.61 percent over the period 2012-2016....
As widely rumoured, Paul Willcox has been confirmed as managing director of Volkswagen Group (UK), taking over from Simon Thomas who leaves the UK on 1 September 2013 to take up a global marketing rol...
This report is based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas and the APAC and EMEA regions; it also covers the Global Advanced Driver Assistanc...
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Big fish eaten by bigger fish
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- COMMENT: The UK's Scotland and EU parallels
- INTERVIEW: Paul Philpott, Kia UK President and CEO
- PARIS DEBUTS: Kia Optima diesel hybrid concept
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- Jaguar launches India assembled XJ
- Lotus to restructure and up to 325 jobs could go
- GM Holden starts axing engineers - report
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn