FRANCE: PSA unions to meet next week on Aulnay staff transfer
The shift forms part of PSA's plans to cut up to 8,000 of its workforce and shut the Aulnay factory in a bid to stem haemorrhaging losses in Europe.
"There will be a Works Council...probably at the beginning of the week in Paris," white collar CFE-CGC Aulnay union delegate, Eric Charlier, told just-auto from France. "There is no indication the closure of the site will happen earlier.
"The planning is not precise [Aulnay closure], there is nothing announced, we don't know what rhythm this will be, whether [or] not 50 people per week. It could take several weeks before people move."
The strike that has blighted Aulnay is still continuing with around 200 labour body members - although not from the CFE-CGC union - making their feelings known.
"We have never thought to stop production is a good thing," said Charlier. "There is a second part of restructuring of the factory that takes time. We have our interests in continuing production."
A PSA spokeswoman in Paris confirmed to just-auto its Works Council had agreed social measures for those losing jobs or transferring to Poissy, although there is no indication yet Aulnay may close earlier than planned.
Despite the CFE-CGC's more moderate stance - "my union is apolitical compared to others" - Charlier nonetheless criticised French industrial strategy which had "been going down" for a decade.
"Successive governments have distanced themselves," he said. "Our government is also caught up in the [economic] torment."
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Units by the following Product Segments: Battery Powered Electric Vehicles (BPEVs), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), and Fuel ...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
The analysts writing this report forecast the Global Automotive Camera Module market to reach US$1,554.72 million by 2016....
Iran Khodro (IKCO) says it is hopeful Iran's recent election of a new President will allow more partners - as well as its old Renault and Peugeot business allies - to have full operations in the count...
The analysts writing this report forecast Global Automotive Head-up Display market to grow at a CAGR of 28.61 percent over the period 2012-2016....
As widely rumoured, Paul Willcox has been confirmed as managing director of Volkswagen Group (UK), taking over from Simon Thomas who leaves the UK on 1 September 2013 to take up a global marketing rol...
New car sales in France nudged up 0.9% in July, prompting industry association CCFA to suggest that the collapse in sales was nearing an end. It was the first monthly increase since October 2011....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- GM sued for $10bn over losses on 27m recalled cars
- Japan's carmakers bring home foreign-made models
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)