FRANCE: PSA unions to meet next week on Aulnay staff transfer
The shift forms part of PSA's plans to cut up to 8,000 of its workforce and shut the Aulnay factory in a bid to stem haemorrhaging losses in Europe.
"There will be a Works Council...probably at the beginning of the week in Paris," white collar CFE-CGC Aulnay union delegate, Eric Charlier, told just-auto from France. "There is no indication the closure of the site will happen earlier.
"The planning is not precise [Aulnay closure], there is nothing announced, we don't know what rhythm this will be, whether [or] not 50 people per week. It could take several weeks before people move."
The strike that has blighted Aulnay is still continuing with around 200 labour body members - although not from the CFE-CGC union - making their feelings known.
"We have never thought to stop production is a good thing," said Charlier. "There is a second part of restructuring of the factory that takes time. We have our interests in continuing production."
A PSA spokeswoman in Paris confirmed to just-auto its Works Council had agreed social measures for those losing jobs or transferring to Poissy, although there is no indication yet Aulnay may close earlier than planned.
Despite the CFE-CGC's more moderate stance - "my union is apolitical compared to others" - Charlier nonetheless criticised French industrial strategy which had "been going down" for a decade.
"Successive governments have distanced themselves," he said. "Our government is also caught up in the [economic] torment."
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Iran Khodro (IKCO) says it is hopeful Iran's recent election of a new President will allow more partners - as well as its old Renault and Peugeot business allies - to have full operations in the count...
As widely rumoured, Paul Willcox has been confirmed as managing director of Volkswagen Group (UK), taking over from Simon Thomas who leaves the UK on 1 September 2013 to take up a global marketing rol...
New car sales in France nudged up 0.9% in July, prompting industry association CCFA to suggest that the collapse in sales was nearing an end. It was the first monthly increase since October 2011....
The long awaited free trade agreement between Colombia and Europe will start on 1 August with the first group of measures....
PSA has unveiled first half group revenue of EUR27.7bn (EUR36.8bn), down 3.8% compared to the same period last year, while automotive division revenue also fell 7.5% to EUR18.7bn....
PSA Peugeot Citroen has welcomed today's (30 July) news the European Commission (EC) has approved a French State guarantee of EUR7bn (US$9.3bn) covering bond issues by Banque PSA Finance until Decembe...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Premium electric SUVs...
- Briefing: Innovative emission technologies
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: smart & VW Golf updates
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- GM strike ends as Mercedes truck workers walk
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- Jeep hacker resigns from Twitter - report
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030