FRANCE: PSA refinances to tune of EUR11.5bn
The deal is expected to be completed in early January, chief finance officer Jean-Baptiste de Chatillon told Bloomberg News.
The French government has also agreed EUR7bn in bond guarantees in a bid to shore up the finances of the company which announced in the summer that it was going through cash at the rate of EUR200bn a month amid plunging European car sales.
Support from Paris was approved late on Wednesday but might be subject to European Commission scrutiny and could be challenged by the German state of Lower Saxony, home to Volkswagen, if it is thought the money could be used to help PSA restructure.
"We had seen this as being relevant only to the financing side of vehicle purchasing," European competition commissioner Joaquin Almunia told reporters. "That was the initial idea, but now we’re coming around to seeing that it’s restructuring aid for an entity; therefore we need to get a proper notification in order to know how to deal with that."
Chatillon said that he didn't expect any particular difficulties in getting the assistance approved.
"The Commission will first provide a temporary authorisation, which we'll get early next year, and then a definitive authorisation, once all the items will be documented on the legal side," he said.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Drowsiness Monitors in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World....
Shrugging off French air traffic controllers' strike action, this week saw many of the industry's top executives gather for Automotive News Europe's Congress in Paris. Here is a brief snapshot of what...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
The 2013 Goodwood Festival of Speed was held between 11-14 July inclusive, with many vehicles making their global debuts....
Volkswagen Group delivered 3.87m vehicles in the first five months of this year, up almost 6% on the same period a year ago. In May, the numbers were ahead almost 7% at 816,500....
A vehicle built at Wolfsburg has been deemed the 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf....
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- ANALYSIS: Europe's car market in 2014, and 2015
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Honda CR-V update
- COMMENT: Deckchair army surveys smart Hoegh work
- Weather dashes Hoegh tow but heavy list reducing
- JLR's 'Bike Sense' technology
- Salvers look to slash Hoegh list to 5° for tow
- Toyota puts the brakes on sales expectations
- Volkswagen Golf stays top of European chart
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle front end modules market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029