FRANCE: PSA Peugeot Citroen reveals EMP2 platform [updated with image and global plants]
The first vehicle to be launched on EMP2 will be the replacement for the Citroën C4 Picasso/Grand Picasso, due later this year
According to the company, EMP2 will use a variety of components including high-strength steel, aluminium and composites, the combination of which are claimed to mean an average weight loss of 70kg. The new architecture has been developed for C- and D-segment models.
PSA says the architecture will eventually underpin sedans, hatchbacks, wagons, SUVs, coupes and crossovers.
An infographic on PSA's media website shows the following as build locations for EMP2 vehicles:
- Vigo in Spain (Citroen C4 Picasso, 2013 launch)
- Mulhouse, Rennes and Sochaux in France (Peugeot 308, 2013 launch)
- Kaluga in Russia;
- Buenos Aires in Argentina;
- Wuhan in China (unnamed model in 2014).
More information on this new platform, and other future vehicle architectures, is available by searching PLDB, just-auto's future vehicles database (sub required).
Author: Glenn Brooks
The analysts writing this report forecast the Global Automotive Camera Module market to reach US$1,554.72 million by 2016....
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
- Briefing: Supplier industry financial review
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2015 Volvo V60 Polestar
- INTERVIEW: Alain Uyttenhoven, Head of Lexus Europe
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI
- INDIA: Datsun horror inspires national crash tests
- Tesla and BMW in battery talks - reports
- Jaguar Land Rover named "most trustworthy OEM"
- 2014 GUANGZHOU SHOW: World premieres list
- UK: Bentley BY716 SUV to be called 'Bentayga'