FRANCE: PSA Peugeot Citroen reveals EMP2 platform [updated with image and global plants]
The first vehicle to be launched on EMP2 will be the replacement for the Citroën C4 Picasso/Grand Picasso, due later this year
According to the company, EMP2 will use a variety of components including high-strength steel, aluminium and composites, the combination of which are claimed to mean an average weight loss of 70kg. The new architecture has been developed for C- and D-segment models.
PSA says the architecture will eventually underpin sedans, hatchbacks, wagons, SUVs, coupes and crossovers.
An infographic on PSA's media website shows the following as build locations for EMP2 vehicles:
- Vigo in Spain (Citroen C4 Picasso, 2013 launch)
- Mulhouse, Rennes and Sochaux in France (Peugeot 308, 2013 launch)
- Kaluga in Russia;
- Buenos Aires in Argentina;
- Wuhan in China (unnamed model in 2014).
More information on this new platform, and other future vehicle architectures, is available by searching PLDB, just-auto's future vehicles database (sub required).
Author: Glenn Brooks
The analysts writing this report forecast the Global Automotive Camera Module market to reach US$1,554.72 million by 2016....
This report is based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas and the APAC and EMEA regions; it also covers the Global Advanced Driver Assistanc...
- COMMENT: 'Showing instruments' in West stand off?
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (3)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Citroën DS4
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- [12:45BST update]: Nissan's Palmer named Aston CEO
- PARIS DEBUTS: Infiniti Q70 2.2d
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- CHENGDU SHOW: World premieres
- Kia to build new plant for American markets
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants