MALAYSIA: Proton benefits from supplier rationalisation
Proton executives have already seen some positive results from the rationalisation programme the automaker is carrying out with suppliers.
Deputy chief executive officer Datuk Lukman Ibrahim said the programme was aimed at making the country’s national carmaker leaner, more streamlined and efficient.
Lukman said Proton was looking at suppliers in terms of quality, competency and delivery areas. He added: “Positive impact is starting to show but we are still looking at how to rationalise our vendors so that the entire ecosystem can support us in a better way."
He added that the company is looking at ways to bolster the competitiveness of its suppliers and, commenting on reports of a possible collaboration with Perodua, said any partnership could be good as it would allow economies of scale.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this ...
Analysts are confident that vehicle sales in Malaysia will improve in the second half of the year, driven by attractive seasonal offers and model launches....
The Malaysian automotive industry is expecting competition in the local market to intensify as the government reduces excise duties further to lower new car prices....
- CEO says Citroen wants to be quirky again
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- Takata manipulated test results back to 2000
- Prosecutors eye VW workers for emissions tax evade
- Volkswagen making progress on diesel emissions fix
- Chinese explosion, investments, lower JLR profit
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030