MALAYSIA: Proton benefits from supplier rationalisation
Proton executives have already seen some positive results from the rationalisation programme the automaker is carrying out with suppliers.
Deputy chief executive officer Datuk Lukman Ibrahim said the programme was aimed at making the country’s national carmaker leaner, more streamlined and efficient.
Lukman said Proton was looking at suppliers in terms of quality, competency and delivery areas. He added: “Positive impact is starting to show but we are still looking at how to rationalise our vendors so that the entire ecosystem can support us in a better way."
He added that the company is looking at ways to bolster the competitiveness of its suppliers and, commenting on reports of a possible collaboration with Perodua, said any partnership could be good as it would allow economies of scale.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Analysts are confident that vehicle sales in Malaysia will improve in the second half of the year, driven by attractive seasonal offers and model launches....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this ...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Active safety in the spotlight
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Škoda Octavia estate 4x4
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Bear Grylls, brand ambassador for Land Rover
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- Lada production to be cut as sales stall
- MOSCOW SHOW: World premieres - final list
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018