MALAYSIA: Proton benefits from supplier rationalisation
Proton executives have already seen some positive results from the rationalisation programme the automaker is carrying out with suppliers.
Deputy chief executive officer Datuk Lukman Ibrahim said the programme was aimed at making the country’s national carmaker leaner, more streamlined and efficient.
Lukman said Proton was looking at suppliers in terms of quality, competency and delivery areas. He added: “Positive impact is starting to show but we are still looking at how to rationalise our vendors so that the entire ecosystem can support us in a better way."
He added that the company is looking at ways to bolster the competitiveness of its suppliers and, commenting on reports of a possible collaboration with Perodua, said any partnership could be good as it would allow economies of scale.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Analysts are confident that vehicle sales in Malaysia will improve in the second half of the year, driven by attractive seasonal offers and model launches....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this ...
- Management briefing: Paris show preview
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris gets closer
- Jaguar's XE spearheads new industrial strategy
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Renault Twingo
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Big fish eaten by bigger fish
- PARIS DEBUTS: Honda Civic Type R & VW Passat GTE
- EC gives Germany two months to comply with MAC
- Ford recalls 850,050 cars for airbag systems check
- Opel/Vauxhall issues 'do not drive' warning
- Ford's Americas chief sees 17m light vehicle sales
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Analysis of over 140 Lithium-based Rechargeable Battery Manufacturers: Chemistry, Strategy, Success
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)