GERMANY: Porsche court hearing postponed until October
A German court has deferred until October investor lawsuits seeking EUR2.15bn (US$2.8 bn) in damages from Porsche SE after the lawyer for the plaintiffs fell ill.
Presiding judge Stefan Puhle said Braunschweig court will decide on 19 June whether a third case seeking EUR2bn in damages will be assigned to a court specialising on cartel matters.
Some German and US investors say that throughout 2008 Porsche's holding company camouflaged its plans to acquire much-bigger Volkswagen and instead secretly piled up its holding in Europe's largest automaker.
In March 2008 Porsche SE dismissed as "speculation" talk that it intended to take over VW. Reuters noted seven months later Porsche SE said it controlled 42.6% of VW's common shares and held options for another 31.5% of the stock it had not disclosed previously.
Porsche's statement caused VW shares to surge to EUR1,005 within days, briefly making the Wolfsburg-based carmaker the world's most valuable company as short-sellers raced to buy back stock they had borrowed to bet that VW shares would drop.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive turbocharger sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repo...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle OE automotive door modules sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecas...
Volkswagen Group's UK luxury car unit Bentley said 2013 sales to the end of September rose 9% year on year to 6,516 cars....
Russian light vehicle sales in September were down 5% on last year according to data issued by the Moscow-based Association of European Businesses (AEB)....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: 'Game changing' configurator
- Briefing: Active safety systems
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Leon X-Perience & SEAT SE376
- Could the sun be the de-carbonising game changer?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Toyota Auris adds small engine
- BMW reveals redesigned Mini Clubman
- McLaren Automotive posts second year of profit
- VW plans low cost car family
- Audi is first customer for new car configurator
- UK car output remains on the up
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- Global light vehicle OE starter motors and alternators market- forecasts to 2029