INDONESIA: Pirelli to build tyre plant
Italy’s Pirelli plans to build a new tyre plant in Indonesia in a joint venture with PT Astra Otoparts, the country’s largest automotive components group.
Pirelli will take a 60% stake in the US$90m factory, which is scheduled to start operations in 2013 - initially to produce motorcycle tyres. It will have a capacity to produce 7m units per year, for sale domestically and for export to other developing markets in the region.
The Indonesian motorcycle market is expected to exceed 7.5m units in 2011. The company expects to sell 2m motorcycle tyres per year domestically, with the remainder destined for export, when full production is reached in 2016.
The local availability of natural rubber makes Indonesia an attractive export to base for tyres and other automotive products. The company will likely add passenger vehicle tyres at a later stage.
This QUBE report from just-auto report provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle OE tyres sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use thi...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- COMMENT: Volvo's US sales surge as China reverses
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- China's economic turbulence worries auto industry
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Toyota Prius added
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- BMW launches smartphone wireless charging
- Uber hires car hacking engineers
- Suzuki-VW dispute over
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020