GENEVA PREVIEW: Peugeot to reveal 2008 crossover
The 2008 is 4,160mm long, making it 118mm shorter than the Opel/Vauxhall Mokka
Peugeot has revealed initial details of the 2008, a new crossover. This rival for the Ford EcoSport and Nissan Juke will be manufactured in France, Brazil and China. Its global debut is set for the Geneva motor show in March.
The 2008, which has been developed under the A94 codename, uses the same PF1 architecture as the slightly smaller Peugeot 208. Like that model, it is front-wheel drive only. PSA's new 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine will feature in European markets, as well as 1.4- and 1.6-litre four-cylinder diesels.
PSA says production will be at three sites: Mulhouse (France), Porto Real (Brazil) and Wuhan (China). The first vehicles are due to be in European showrooms from July.
The Urban Crossover Concept from April 2012's Beijing motor show provided an initial preview of the 2008. This was followed by the Peugeot 2008 Concept which premiered at the Paris motor show in September 2012.
Author: Glenn Brooks
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
This QUBE report from just-auto report provides a comprehensive overview of the global electric vehicles and OE starter battery sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market si...
Urgent and concerted action needs to be taken to address the contentious issue of automotive over-capacity in Europe, but also in developing markets according to a study by KPMG....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- COMMENT: Volvo's US sales surge as China reverses
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- China's economic turbulence worries auto industry
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Toyota Prius added
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- BMW launches smartphone wireless charging
- Uber hires car hacking engineers
- just-auto takes a late summer break
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020