GENEVA PREVIEW: Peugeot to reveal 2008 crossover
The 2008 is 4,160mm long, making it 118mm shorter than the Opel/Vauxhall Mokka
Peugeot has revealed initial details of the 2008, a new crossover. This rival for the Ford EcoSport and Nissan Juke will be manufactured in France, Brazil and China. Its global debut is set for the Geneva motor show in March.
The 2008, which has been developed under the A94 codename, uses the same PF1 architecture as the slightly smaller Peugeot 208. Like that model, it is front-wheel drive only. PSA's new 1.2-litre three-cylinder petrol engine will feature in European markets, as well as 1.4- and 1.6-litre four-cylinder diesels.
PSA says production will be at three sites: Mulhouse (France), Porto Real (Brazil) and Wuhan (China). The first vehicles are due to be in European showrooms from July.
The Urban Crossover Concept from April 2012's Beijing motor show provided an initial preview of the 2008. This was followed by the Peugeot 2008 Concept which premiered at the Paris motor show in September 2012.
Author: Glenn Brooks
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
This QUBE report from just-auto report provides a comprehensive overview of the global electric vehicles and OE starter battery sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market si...
Urgent and concerted action needs to be taken to address the contentious issue of automotive over-capacity in Europe, but also in developing markets according to a study by KPMG....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Minding the shop
- Q&A: Volvo XC90 chief engineer Håkan Ivarsson
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: WRX & Subaru's SGP architecture
- COMMENT: No wizards needed at US$100 a barrel
- ANALYSIS: Thailand targets EVs for future growth
- JLR in talks for Eastern Europe plant
- Magna Steyr to build vehicles for JLR
- New Honda chief sets out vision
- Ford’s ‘significantly enhanced’ EcoSport on sale
- Goal of 75g CO2 achievable: Valeo R&D
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2029
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global In-vehicle Entertainment and Information Systems Market 2015-2019