JAPAN: Partsmakers develop Russian business
Japanese autoparts manufacturers are entering Russia one after another, hoping to tap a new car market seen growing to roughly 3m vehicles a year.
Clutch producer Exedy has partnered with Russian partsmaker VazInterService, or VIS. Under the agreement, VIS will split off its clutch business and Exedy will invest RUB90m (US$3m, JPY260m), in the new company, gaining a 33% stake as a result. The joint venture will make clutches for new AvtoVAZ vehicles.
Hi-Lex will build a cable plant in the southern city of Tolyatti expected to start output in May 2015.
Sanoh Industrial has acquired the piping business of a local firm that has dealings with AvtoVAZ. It plans to construct a Tolyatti piping plant in 2014 with the aim of supplying parts for 1.5m vehicles a year, the Nikkei said.
Calsonic Kansei will begin assembling instrument panels and air conditioning units at an AvtoVAZ plant in 2013 or 2014. By leasing the facilities, it aims to keep investment costs down, the Nikkei noted.
After it looked a bit like just-auto had become part of the global Toyota PR machine last week, this week, for a day or two at least, you could have been forgiven for thinking we had now 'crossed over...
Car Manufacturing in Eastern Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to ...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE automotive electrical wiring (EDS) sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts....
Over 500 vehicles have been updated in our live database of current and future new passenger car product over the past week, and we've added new future models....
Car Manufacturing in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). T...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
Renault is expected to complete its joint venture agreement with Dongfeng Motor Group, China's second-largest vehicle manufacturer, this month ahead of launching production in the country next year, a...
Renault Group's global sales fell 1.9% in the first half of the year to 1.3m units, largely as the result of a 7.3% fall in sales in Europe....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- PSA issues new business plan
- NYIAS DEBUTS: Multiple updates after 1st Media Day
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM HR and comms chiefs quit
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global electrified light vehicles market 2007 to 2018