JAPAN: Partsmakers develop Russian business
Japanese autoparts manufacturers are entering Russia one after another, hoping to tap a new car market seen growing to roughly 3m vehicles a year.
Clutch producer Exedy has partnered with Russian partsmaker VazInterService, or VIS. Under the agreement, VIS will split off its clutch business and Exedy will invest RUB90m (US$3m, JPY260m), in the new company, gaining a 33% stake as a result. The joint venture will make clutches for new AvtoVAZ vehicles.
Hi-Lex will build a cable plant in the southern city of Tolyatti expected to start output in May 2015.
Sanoh Industrial has acquired the piping business of a local firm that has dealings with AvtoVAZ. It plans to construct a Tolyatti piping plant in 2014 with the aim of supplying parts for 1.5m vehicles a year, the Nikkei said.
Calsonic Kansei will begin assembling instrument panels and air conditioning units at an AvtoVAZ plant in 2013 or 2014. By leasing the facilities, it aims to keep investment costs down, the Nikkei noted.
After it looked a bit like just-auto had become part of the global Toyota PR machine last week, this week, for a day or two at least, you could have been forgiven for thinking we had now 'crossed over...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE automotive electrical wiring (EDS) sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts....
Over 500 vehicles have been updated in our live database of current and future new passenger car product over the past week, and we've added new future models....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
Renault is expected to complete its joint venture agreement with Dongfeng Motor Group, China's second-largest vehicle manufacturer, this month ahead of launching production in the country next year, a...
Renault Group's global sales fell 1.9% in the first half of the year to 1.3m units, largely as the result of a 7.3% fall in sales in Europe....
Renault might have to be as patient in trying to establish electric cars on the market as Toyota was over the introduction of hybrids, a top executive said....
Renault Samsung Motors, which saw first half global sales plunge 29.3% to 58,705 units and domestic sales tumble 14.2% to make it the nation's smallest car maker behind SsangYong, has agreed a new pay...
- COMMENT: Volvo's US sales surge as China reverses
- China's economic turbulence worries auto industry
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- Key trends in the automotive air-con market
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Toyota Prius added
- Land Rover develops 'see-through trailer' concept
- BMW launches smartphone wireless charging
- Uber hires car hacking engineers
- Suzuki-VW dispute over
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report