HUNGARY: Opel starts engine production
Opel has started of engines at its new plant in western Hungary's city of Szentgotthard.
The plant, which costs more than EUR500m (US$669m), employs 300 people and is producing the newly designed 1.6-litre direct injection (SIDI) engines.
Opel plans to start producing a diesel and a smaller petrol engine at the plant in the middle of next year. The facility is expected to produce 500,000 engines a year and employ 800 people at full capacity.
The row over air conditioning refrigerant between the French government and Daimler's Mercedes-Benz Cars has kept one of our number rather busy this week....
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
After it looked a bit like just-auto had become part of the global Toyota PR machine last week, this week, for a day or two at least, you could have been forgiven for thinking we had now 'crossed over...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global ligth vehicle fuel injection sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use t...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Active safety in the spotlight
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Bear Grylls, brand ambassador for Land Rover
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- MOSCOW SHOW: World premieres - final list
- Lada production to be cut as sales stall
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018