HUNGARY: Opel starts engine production
Opel has started of engines at its new plant in western Hungary's city of Szentgotthard.
The plant, which costs more than EUR500m (US$669m), employs 300 people and is producing the newly designed 1.6-litre direct injection (SIDI) engines.
Opel plans to start producing a diesel and a smaller petrol engine at the plant in the middle of next year. The facility is expected to produce 500,000 engines a year and employ 800 people at full capacity.
The row over air conditioning refrigerant between the French government and Daimler's Mercedes-Benz Cars has kept one of our number rather busy this week....
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
After it looked a bit like just-auto had become part of the global Toyota PR machine last week, this week, for a day or two at least, you could have been forgiven for thinking we had now 'crossed over...
TechNavio's report, the CNG Vehicle Market in Europe 2011-2015, has been prepared based on an in-depth analysis of the market with inputs from industry experts. The report focuses on the CNG Vehicle m...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global ligth vehicle fuel injection sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use t...
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- PSA issues new business plan
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028