HUNGARY: Opel starts engine production
Opel has started of engines at its new plant in western Hungary's city of Szentgotthard.
The plant, which costs more than EUR500m (US$669m), employs 300 people and is producing the newly designed 1.6-litre direct injection (SIDI) engines.
Opel plans to start producing a diesel and a smaller petrol engine at the plant in the middle of next year. The facility is expected to produce 500,000 engines a year and employ 800 people at full capacity.
The row over air conditioning refrigerant between the French government and Daimler's Mercedes-Benz Cars has kept one of our number rather busy this week....
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
After it looked a bit like just-auto had become part of the global Toyota PR machine last week, this week, for a day or two at least, you could have been forgiven for thinking we had now 'crossed over...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global ligth vehicle fuel injection sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use t...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Mitsubishi's top-selling PHEV
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- COMMENT: FKG keeps ears on the track in Gothenburg
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Daimler restructures cooperation with Tesla
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- UK: Vauxhall goes after Ford with Corsa pricing
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report