Alfred Rieck who headed sales, marketing and aftersales at Opel, has resigned, the automaker said on Friday, and has been replaced in the interim by Duncan Aldred, currently chairman and managing director of Vauxhall.
Rieck, who previously headed Skoda in China, had been in the job less than seven months.
“We respect Alfred Rieck’s decision and wish him the best in his future endeavors,” said Opel supervisory board chairman Steve Girsky in a statement.
"[Rieck]'s thrown in the towel," one person familiar with the situation told Reuters ahead of the official announcement.
Duncan Aldred Appointed Acting Opel/Vauxhall Vice President, Sales, Marketing and Aftersales
Detroit/Ruesselsheim – Alfred E. Rieck (56), a member of the Opel Management Board responsible for sales, marketing and aftersales, has resigned from his position. Duncan Aldred (43), currently Chairman and Managing Director, Vauxhall Motors, was named Acting Opel/Vauxhall Vice President, Sales, Marketing and Aftersales in addition to his current position, effective immediately.
“We respect Alfred Rieck’s decision and wish him the best in his future endeavors,” said Opel Supervisory Board Chairman Steve Girsky. “Day in and day out, Duncan Aldred delivers clear proof that our business plan works and our attractive models are the key to success.”
Appointed Managing Director in January 2010, Aldred has been successfully building the Vauxhall brand. It is now the fastest-growing retail brand in the United Kingdom.
Original source: http://media.gm.com/media/intl/en/opel/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/intl/en/2013/opel/01-25-duncan-aldred-vice-president.html
After it looked a bit like just-auto had become part of the global Toyota PR machine last week, this week, for a day or two at least, you could have been forgiven for thinking we had now 'crossed over...
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
Over 500 vehicles have been updated in our live database of current and future new passenger car product over the past week, and we've added new future models....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
- THE WEEK - aftermarket player and new products
- Volkswagen counts the cost of 'dieselgate'
- ANALYSIS - Jaguar takes on Porsche with F-PACE
- Autumn facelift beckons for Citroen's Family hit
- TowerSec VP on automotive cyber security - Q&A
- Maserati to double Levante SUV output
- Magna to build aluminium casting facility in UK
- Ford says new Fusion hybrid has 610 miles of range
- just-auto takes a break
- Volkswagen nominates 55 FAST suppliers
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market - forecasts to 2030
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (12-month membership)
- Global light vehicle roof systems market - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle turbochargers market - forecasts to 2030