US: Opel confirms Steve Girsky as chairman, reselects Works Council head
New shareholder representatives on the supervisory board are Melissa Howell, Steve Carlisle and John Calabrese.
Employee representatives Friedhelm Wenzel, Dirk Grützner and Bernd Lösche will be present for the first time. All other members of the supervisory board were confirmed.
The news follows Opel's announcement yesterday (16 September), Peter Christian Küspert would be the new board member for sales and GME vice president sales and aftersales, effective 1 November.
Küspert will take over from Duncan Aldred, who was acting GME vice president sales and aftersales and will now focus on his role as chairman and managing director of Opel's Vauxhall brand.
Aldred will also become a member of the Opel/Vauxhall leadership board, the company's extended leadership team
New vehicle sales in China increased by 17.8% to 1,596,400 units in February, compared with weak year-earlier sales of 1,354,600 units, according to data released by the China Association of Automobil...
Opel may rely on small, entry level models in Europe rather than moving the brand upmarket, chairman Dan Amman said....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Diesel developments
- Comment - emissions 'failures' hardly a surprise
- ANALYSIS - supercharged Jaguar XF
- Federal-Mogul on trends in the plug market - Q&A
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - VW agrees a deal with the US
- BMW launches 'big battery' i3 EV
- Ford to idle top-selling truck's plant for a week
- BMW Q1 operating profit down 2.5%
- Mitsubishi orders plunge in crisis
- Autonomous cars to shake up car insurance