US: Opel confirms Steve Girsky as chairman, reselects Works Council head
New shareholder representatives on the supervisory board are Melissa Howell, Steve Carlisle and John Calabrese.
Employee representatives Friedhelm Wenzel, Dirk Grützner and Bernd Lösche will be present for the first time. All other members of the supervisory board were confirmed.
The news follows Opel's announcement yesterday (16 September), Peter Christian Küspert would be the new board member for sales and GME vice president sales and aftersales, effective 1 November.
Küspert will take over from Duncan Aldred, who was acting GME vice president sales and aftersales and will now focus on his role as chairman and managing director of Opel's Vauxhall brand.
Aldred will also become a member of the Opel/Vauxhall leadership board, the company's extended leadership team
Business Monitor International's Australia Autos Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, auto associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with indepe...
New vehicle sales in China increased by 17.8% to 1,596,400 units in February, compared with weak year-earlier sales of 1,354,600 units, according to data released by the China Association of Automobil...
Opel may rely on small, entry level models in Europe rather than moving the brand upmarket, chairman Dan Amman said....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Scion and Ford workers' chop
- F23 2 Series Convertible & future BMWs
- Analysis - Bull market for Lamborghini
- Q&A – Delphi Chief Technology Officer, Jeff Owens
- Interview with Harman Connected Car division
- New Ford plant for Mexico & Prius rival - report
- Auto vacancies due to UK skills shortage - report
- VW Group quality chief leaves
- Volvo nixes range extenders
- Wrist smartphone speeds Ford quality checks