NETHERLANDS: NXP and Delphi deepen electronics collaboration
NXP Semiconductors N.V. has announced an agreement with Delphi Automotive that extends the two companies’ long-term relationship in automotive electronics by making NXP one of Delphi’s strategic core suppliers. This agreement encompasses a variety of automotive semiconductor applications including infotainment and networking solutions.
Under the agreement, Delphi has selected NXP´s SAF775x family, the industry‘s first single-chip RFCMOS multi-tuner car radio IC and NXP´s AM/FM background tuner. Delphi continues to be at the forefront of using NXP's software-defined radio for digital reception, such as the SAF36xx family.
“Delphi’s primary objective is to make automotive products smarter and safer as well as more powerful and efficient,” said Troy Zerbe, vice president of Global Supply Management for Delphi’s Electronics & Safety division. “This collaboration agreement serves to strengthen a long-standing strategic alignment between Delphi and NXP. More than 20 years of close cooperation have helped us to consistently deliver market-leading products in car Infotainment. Through this collaboration agreement, we can work to develop and manufacture electronics that are ever smarter, smaller, lighter and more efficient.”
“This agreement marks a new milestone in our collaboration with Delphi, a leading supplier of global automotive electronics and technology,” said Drue Freeman, senior vice president, global automotive sales and marketing at NXP Semiconductors. “The fact that Delphi has selected NXP as a core semiconductor supplier is a great honor and underscores the high level of innovation, quality, and support that we continue to deliver to the automotive industry in our efforts to enable the ‘connected car.’”
Delphi is a leading supplier of vehicle connectivity. Its expertise ranges from infotainment systems through Advanced Driver Assistance (ADAS) systems to semi-autonomous driving technologies. Vanessa ...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE automotive electrical wiring (EDS) sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive connectivity sector, major applications, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use thi...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global ligth vehicle fuel injection sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use t...
This report has been prepared based on an in-depth analysis of the market with inputs from industry experts. It covers the Europe, Japan and North America markets looking at the global Automotive Info...
Active safety systems and driver assistance technologies are a high-growth area of the automotive business. Global OE fitment levels for driver assistance systems (DAS) are forecast to rise sharply, l...
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- Jaguar Land Rover's lightweight future
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- INTERVIEW: Ford UK fleet director, Phil Hollins
- 'One Ford' has kept us alive in Europe
- EXCLUSIVE: Renault axes another EV
- GENEVA: Jaguar names 'small' saloon XE
- Ukraine crisis sparks Russia 'downward pressures'
- Jaguar recruits Beckham as China brand ambassador
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle HVAC market 2008 to 2028