NETHERLANDS: NXP and Delphi deepen electronics collaboration
NXP Semiconductors N.V. has announced an agreement with Delphi Automotive that extends the two companies’ long-term relationship in automotive electronics by making NXP one of Delphi’s strategic core suppliers. This agreement encompasses a variety of automotive semiconductor applications including infotainment and networking solutions.
Under the agreement, Delphi has selected NXP´s SAF775x family, the industry‘s first single-chip RFCMOS multi-tuner car radio IC and NXP´s AM/FM background tuner. Delphi continues to be at the forefront of using NXP's software-defined radio for digital reception, such as the SAF36xx family.
“Delphi’s primary objective is to make automotive products smarter and safer as well as more powerful and efficient,” said Troy Zerbe, vice president of Global Supply Management for Delphi’s Electronics & Safety division. “This collaboration agreement serves to strengthen a long-standing strategic alignment between Delphi and NXP. More than 20 years of close cooperation have helped us to consistently deliver market-leading products in car Infotainment. Through this collaboration agreement, we can work to develop and manufacture electronics that are ever smarter, smaller, lighter and more efficient.”
“This agreement marks a new milestone in our collaboration with Delphi, a leading supplier of global automotive electronics and technology,” said Drue Freeman, senior vice president, global automotive sales and marketing at NXP Semiconductors. “The fact that Delphi has selected NXP as a core semiconductor supplier is a great honor and underscores the high level of innovation, quality, and support that we continue to deliver to the automotive industry in our efforts to enable the ‘connected car.’”
Delphi is a leading supplier of vehicle connectivity. Its expertise ranges from infotainment systems through Advanced Driver Assistance (ADAS) systems to semi-autonomous driving technologies. Vanessa ...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global OE automotive electrical wiring (EDS) sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive connectivity sector, major applications, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use thi...
Active safety systems and driver assistance technologies are a high-growth area of the automotive business. Global OE fitment levels for driver assistance systems (DAS) are forecast to rise sharply, l...
Delphi has unveiled second quarter net income up US$37m to US$367m and revenue up 6% to US$4.2bn compared to the previous year, mainly reflecting the acquisition of the Motorised Vehicles Division fro...
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- COMMENT: BMW & Mercedes battle over self parking
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: 'Game changing' configurator
- RESEARCH SNAPSHOT: Review of front-end modules
- Briefing: Active safety systems
- Arrested Toyota executive quits
- JUST THE FACTS: 2016 Audi A4 first look
- VW plans low cost car family
- UK auto sector delivering on growth
- Infrastructure and logistics make Brazil costly
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)