CANADA: November sales near record
Vehicle sales in Canada rose 3.8% year on year in Novermber to 125,730 vehicles, just shy of the 130,100 vehicle record set in November 2001, according to independent auto analyst Dennis Desrosiers.
"With a solid month expected for December, Canada still has a chance at reaching 1.7m units (for) one of its best years ever," Desrosiers said in a note to clients cited by Reuters.
"We suspect that the market will come in just shy of a new record year, but 2012 will go down as the second best on record. And there is more to come over the next few years as the market is expected to continue to grow for quite some time."
Ford retained its rank as Canada's top-selling automaker as its total vehicle sales rose 7.4% - car sales jumped 14% to 4,444 units and truck sales climbed 5.6% to 15,003.
Chrysler sales rose 4.7% to 17,013 vehicles with car sales up 47% to 2,802 and truck sales dipping 0.9% to 14,211 vehicles.
Chrysler year to date sales rose 5.9% to 229,089 vehicles.
General Motors told Reuters total Canadian sales fell 3.2% compared with last November to 17,372 vehicles.
Toyota Canada sales declined slightly to 14,512 vehicles from 14,563, but year-to-date sales were up 21%.
Quarterly and other results to the thirty-oneth of March continued to dribble in this week so let's start by hoisting the Union Jack, drum roll, trumpet blast, and highlight Jaguar Land Rover's 11% fu...
Not long ago the subcompact market in Brazil was regarded as niche and far from attractive to automakers. Current offerings are all imports like the Fiat 500 (from Mexico under the free trade agreeme...
PSA Peugeot Citroen may have to raise funds through a share sale as it burns through cash in a weak market, sources told the Reuters news agency....
Ford's CGT union in France has welcomed news the automaker is to invest EUR120m (US$155m) into its Blanquefort transmissions plant near Bordeaux safeguarding 1,000 jobs....
Tata Motors' UK luxury car unit Jaguar Land Rover booked record sales, revenues and pre-tax profit for the full fiscal year to 31 March, 2013....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2015 Range Rover Hybrid
- Briefing: 48V mild hybrids (3)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Hobnobbing with the A-listers
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- Geneva show debuts list updated
- BMW 2 Series Convertible launched
- No Mexico-Brazil agreement on new auto pact
- OnStar to be 'revolutionary' in Europe - Opel head
- NEVS estimates reorganisation exit "very likely"
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029