ICELAND: Northern Lights Energy and REVA sign agreement
Northern Lights Energy (NLE), the initiator of the 2012 project and provider of infrastructure and services for Electric Vehicles (EV) in Iceland, has signed an agreement with the Reva Electric Car Company (REVA) to jointly develop the electric vehicle market in Iceland.
NLE will have exclusive distribution rights for the NXR, the new model premiered by REVA at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September, and consequent follow-up models, such as the sports coupé NXG, which will be launched in 2011.
The sales and marketing of the car will commence in the second half of 2010 and customer deliveries at the end of 2010.
NLE is working on developing a (re)charging infrastructure system for Electric Vehicles and vehicle exchange service to support the adoption of electric vehicles in Iceland.
"Iceland is an island and with its advanced electric grid technology using 100% renewable energy in electricity production is a perfect location for zero emission electric vehicles" says Gisli Gislason, the Chairman of NLE.
In addition to importing new EV models to Iceland, NLE is also working on developing systems to convert the current internal combustion engine (ICE) car fleet into Electric Cars.
"We are working with a number of parties in Denmark and Finland to enable the conversion process of the current cars running in Iceland to support a swift development of the Electric Vehicle market. The mission is to place Iceland in the forefront of countries that uses sustainable energy sources for it's personal vehicle fleet, moving away from fossil fuels, saving billions of ISKs for the society and reducing the 680.000 tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) that is annually being emitted by the personal vehicle fleet in Iceland. This is what the Project 2012 is all about." says Sighvatur Lárusson, the Chief Operating Officer of NLE."
"We are very excited about the partnership with NLE. The 2012 project is one of the most ambitious yet achievable transport electrification projects in the world today and we are pleased to be able to contribute our technologies and products" said Keith Johnston, President, European Operations at REVA.
Northern Lights Energy says it is an Icelandic investment company, targeting environmental friendly projects, leading in the field of environmental and renewable energy solutions. 'Project 2012' is an initiative of Northern Lights Energy which has committed to build in Iceland, the first nationwide charging infrastructure in the world, before the end of 2012.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this ...
- ANALYSIS: MG on the road to nowhere
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The year is flying by...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Land Rover Defender
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: It's good news week....
- Regulator fines Deloitte over MG Rover failures
- Shanghai show debuts list updated
- First Solihull Jaguar leaps into production
- GERMANY: Mazda outsells Nissan as Qashqai crashes
- JLR automates priority warranty parts returns
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029