MALAYSIA: No plans to expand Mitsubishi-Proton partnership
Masuko said it would be difficult for the two companies to embark on major new projects although they will continue existing joint operations, including the licensed production by Proton of passenger cars developed by Mitsubishi.
The Japanese company has been negotiating with Proton since September last year on the Japanese firm's outsourcing of production, joint engine output and its provision of technology for electric vehicles.
Echoing a similar model-sharing deal with the Renault-Nissan alliance in Europe, General Motors is to rebadge Nissan's NV200 van to sell in the US and Canada as the Chevrolet City Express....
Mitsubishi Motors has said the overheating of lithium ion batteries used in its Outlander SUV plug-in hybrids was likely to have been caused by cells that were damaged when they fell to the ground dur...
Mitsubishi Motors has raised its group net profit forecast for the fiscal year to 31 March 2013 to JPY38bn yen from JPY3bn....
Japan's major carmakers' combined domestic output in fiscal 2012 rose 2.9% over the previous year to 9,055,373 units, passing 9m for the first time in four years....
Executives at Mitsubishi Motors want to reduce output for the shrinking Japanese market....
Japan's transport ministry has told Mitsubishi Motors it must conduct vehicle recalls more quickly after discovering multiple problems in past cases, on the same day that the carmaker filed for anothe...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Premium electric SUVs...
- Briefing: Innovative emission technologies
- ANALYSIS: Honda's BR-V could be The Next Big Thing
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: smart & VW Golf updates
- JLR expects "many" of 5,800 Tianjin cars damaged
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- GM strike ends as Mercedes truck workers walk
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030