MALAYSIA: No plans to expand Mitsubishi-Proton partnership
Masuko said it would be difficult for the two companies to embark on major new projects although they will continue existing joint operations, including the licensed production by Proton of passenger cars developed by Mitsubishi.
The Japanese company has been negotiating with Proton since September last year on the Japanese firm's outsourcing of production, joint engine output and its provision of technology for electric vehicles.
Echoing a similar model-sharing deal with the Renault-Nissan alliance in Europe, General Motors is to rebadge Nissan's NV200 van to sell in the US and Canada as the Chevrolet City Express....
Mitsubishi Motors has said the overheating of lithium ion batteries used in its Outlander SUV plug-in hybrids was likely to have been caused by cells that were damaged when they fell to the ground dur...
Mitsubishi Motors has raised its group net profit forecast for the fiscal year to 31 March 2013 to JPY38bn yen from JPY3bn....
Japan's major carmakers' combined domestic output in fiscal 2012 rose 2.9% over the previous year to 9,055,373 units, passing 9m for the first time in four years....
Executives at Mitsubishi Motors want to reduce output for the shrinking Japanese market....
Japan's transport ministry has told Mitsubishi Motors it must conduct vehicle recalls more quickly after discovering multiple problems in past cases, on the same day that the carmaker filed for anothe...
- Swallowing Fiat-Chrysler 'would be bad for VW'
- Audi TDI tech is 25 years of age
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Driving the Swedish nanny state
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Roasting in Kia's Mojave oven
- COMMENT: Has ZF fired M&A starting gun with TRW?
- Sir Nick Scheele dies
- Volvo claims two safety firsts for XC90
- Nissan learns from India mistakes
- Fiat denies merger talks with VW
- Rule change hits 'free charger' offers for EVs
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- New Cars: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018