US: No Ford EcoBoost 1.6 recall for Europe
"We conducted a thorough investigation of the vehicles in Europe with the 1.6-litre engine and determined there is no similar issue in Europe and no need for recall," Ford Europe spokesman Mark Truby told USA Today.
Ford had said earlier this week it was investigating reports of seven fires in Europe in vehicles fitted with the engine which is made in the UK, the report said.
Over 80,000 have been built since 2010 for use in six Ford vehicle model lines in Europe but engineers have decided the European fires do not appear related to the US events and no recall is necessary.
Quarterly and other results to the thirty-oneth of March continued to dribble in this week so let's start by hoisting the Union Jack, drum roll, trumpet blast, and highlight Jaguar Land Rover's 11% fu...
More read-it-and-weep news for struggling European rivals from Volkswagen group this week as it chalked up another little milestone - selling over 3m vehicles in the first four months of a year....
Not long ago the subcompact market in Brazil was regarded as niche and far from attractive to automakers. Current offerings are all imports like the Fiat 500 (from Mexico under the free trade agreeme...
Ford's CGT union in France has welcomed news the automaker is to invest EUR120m (US$155m) into its Blanquefort transmissions plant near Bordeaux safeguarding 1,000 jobs....
Tata Motors' UK luxury car unit Jaguar Land Rover booked record sales, revenues and pre-tax profit for the full fiscal year to 31 March, 2013....
Mazda Motor Europe on Wednesday (29 May) announced the sudden death last week of CFO Matthew Tomilo, a former Ford executive....
- COMMENT: 'Showing instruments' in West stand off?
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (3)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Citroën DS4
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- [12:45BST update]: Nissan's Palmer named Aston CEO
- PARIS DEBUTS: Infiniti Q70 2.2d
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- CHENGDU SHOW: World premieres
- SWEDEN: Redesign moves XC90 up market in UK
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants