JAPAN: Nissan Leaf revamp includes lower cost version
Nissan's revamp of its Leaf EV includes a lower cost no frills version for Japan in an effort to lift its sales.
The cheapest model is priced at JPY3,349,500, down from the previous JPY3,764,250. Customers can receive up to JPY780,000 in state subsidies.
The updated Leaf is 80kg lighter and can travel up to 228km on a full battery charge, up from the previous 200km.
Monthly sales of the Leaf are currently under 1,000 units in the country. Nissan hopes to revamp the costly image of electric vehicles, senior vice president Masaaki Nishizawa told Jiji Press.
Nissan Europe would not provide launch timing for the revamped Leaf. It is expected a range update will coincide with the start of production at the automaker's plant in England next year.
I wouldn't have thought that, with the current state of play in the European auto industry, there'd be too much niggle in the union ranks. But we've reported on a bit this week....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this ...
A new Magneti Marelli Automotive Lighting plant has been opened in Foshan, Guangdong province, in southern China....
The first production unit of the Q50, Nissan luxury car unit Infiniti's new premium sports sedan has been built at the Tochigi plant....
After its best sales month to date in March and a 423.5% year on year increase in April, Nissan's Leaf EV has passed the 25,000 sales mark in the US....
Echoing a similar model-sharing deal with the Renault-Nissan alliance in Europe, General Motors is to rebadge Nissan's NV200 van to sell in the US and Canada as the Chevrolet City Express....
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- COMMENT: Diesel not out in London and Paris
- Management briefing: 48V mild hybrids (2)
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- ANALYSIS: Europe's fragile recovery continues
- Honda chief quits
- Geneva show list updated
- Land Rover updates Evoque
- UK: Aston Martin to reveal future models strategy
- Ricardo unveils new prototype electric motor
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)