JAPAN: Nissan Leaf revamp includes lower cost version
Nissan's revamp of its Leaf EV includes a lower cost no frills version for Japan in an effort to lift its sales.
The cheapest model is priced at JPY3,349,500, down from the previous JPY3,764,250. Customers can receive up to JPY780,000 in state subsidies.
The updated Leaf is 80kg lighter and can travel up to 228km on a full battery charge, up from the previous 200km.
Monthly sales of the Leaf are currently under 1,000 units in the country. Nissan hopes to revamp the costly image of electric vehicles, senior vice president Masaaki Nishizawa told Jiji Press.
Nissan Europe would not provide launch timing for the revamped Leaf. It is expected a range update will coincide with the start of production at the automaker's plant in England next year.
I wouldn't have thought that, with the current state of play in the European auto industry, there'd be too much niggle in the union ranks. But we've reported on a bit this week....
Car Manufacturing in Mexico industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). T...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this ...
A new Magneti Marelli Automotive Lighting plant has been opened in Foshan, Guangdong province, in southern China....
The first production unit of the Q50, Nissan luxury car unit Infiniti's new premium sports sedan has been built at the Tochigi plant....
After its best sales month to date in March and a 423.5% year on year increase in April, Nissan's Leaf EV has passed the 25,000 sales mark in the US....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- COMMENT: Nissan looks for top UEFA bang for buck
- The bubble car is back, fit for the 21st century
- PSA issues new business plan
- NYIAS DEBUTS: Infiniti Q70 long wheelbase
- BEIJING DEBUTS: JAC EC-9 concept
- GM furloughs two engineers in recall probe
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028