CHINA: Nissan launches new high-end model ahead of other countries
Nissan Motor has launched a new model of its high-end Teana [Maxima, Cefiro] sedan in China, a world premiere that underlines the increasing weight of the Chinese market for the Japanese automaker.
According to Nissan officials speaking to Kyodo News, this is the first time the company launched a new car model in China ahead of all other markets.
Sales of Nissan cars, as well as those of other Japanese automakers, took a big plunge in China after widespread anti-Japanese protests in September last year over a bilateral territorial dispute in the East China Sea.
The sharpest decline came in October when Nissan's new car sales in China shrank more than 40% year on year.
For the whole of 2012, Nissan's car sales in China fell 5.3% to 1,181,500.
This is the first time the automaker posted negative growth in car sales in China since 2003 when it set up a local joint venture and began earnestly to try to penetrate the Chinese market.
The burgeoning electric vehicle EV industry cannot be understood by simply looking at cars. Indeed, in the last year, only the electric car sector of EVs has lost a year due to the Japanese tsunami an...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Units by the following Product Segments: Battery Powered Electric Vehicles (BPEVs), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), and Fuel ...
Nissan has applied to its local authorities for permission to add 25,000 square metres of capacity to its Sunderland plant in North-East England....
- COMMENT: What is normal in Russian maelstrom?
- Regulatory concerns grow in China
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The August harvest...
- Mercedes 'guilty' of China parts price fixing
- Ford recalls 160,000 cars to fix wiring problem
- Serious concern on Russia auto sanction rumours
- ZF's TRW plans hit a Bosch hitch - report
- Cadillac takes on Merc S Class
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Motor Vehicle Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times