CHINA: Nissan launches new high-end model ahead of other countries
Nissan Motor has launched a new model of its high-end Teana [Maxima, Cefiro] sedan in China, a world premiere that underlines the increasing weight of the Chinese market for the Japanese automaker.
According to Nissan officials speaking to Kyodo News, this is the first time the company launched a new car model in China ahead of all other markets.
Sales of Nissan cars, as well as those of other Japanese automakers, took a big plunge in China after widespread anti-Japanese protests in September last year over a bilateral territorial dispute in the East China Sea.
The sharpest decline came in October when Nissan's new car sales in China shrank more than 40% year on year.
For the whole of 2012, Nissan's car sales in China fell 5.3% to 1,181,500.
This is the first time the automaker posted negative growth in car sales in China since 2003 when it set up a local joint venture and began earnestly to try to penetrate the Chinese market.
The burgeoning electric vehicle EV industry cannot be understood by simply looking at cars. Indeed, in the last year, only the electric car sector of EVs has lost a year due to the Japanese tsunami an...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Units by the following Product Segments: Battery Powered Electric Vehicles (BPEVs), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), and Fuel ...
Nissan has applied to its local authorities for permission to add 25,000 square metres of capacity to its Sunderland plant in North-East England....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- Japan's carmakers bring home foreign-made models
- GM sued for $10bn over losses on 27m recalled cars
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)