CHINA: Nissan launches new high-end model ahead of other countries
Nissan Motor has launched a new model of its high-end Teana [Maxima, Cefiro] sedan in China, a world premiere that underlines the increasing weight of the Chinese market for the Japanese automaker.
According to Nissan officials speaking to Kyodo News, this is the first time the company launched a new car model in China ahead of all other markets.
Sales of Nissan cars, as well as those of other Japanese automakers, took a big plunge in China after widespread anti-Japanese protests in September last year over a bilateral territorial dispute in the East China Sea.
The sharpest decline came in October when Nissan's new car sales in China shrank more than 40% year on year.
For the whole of 2012, Nissan's car sales in China fell 5.3% to 1,181,500.
This is the first time the automaker posted negative growth in car sales in China since 2003 when it set up a local joint venture and began earnestly to try to penetrate the Chinese market.
Car Manufacturing in Mexico industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). T...
The burgeoning electric vehicle EV industry cannot be understood by simply looking at cars. Indeed, in the last year, only the electric car sector of EVs has lost a year due to the Japanese tsunami an...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Units by the following Product Segments: Battery Powered Electric Vehicles (BPEVs), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), and Fuel ...
Nissan has applied to its local authorities for permission to add 25,000 square metres of capacity to its Sunderland plant in North-East England....
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM HR and comms chiefs quit
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028