CHINA: Nissan launches new high-end model ahead of other countries
Nissan Motor has launched a new model of its high-end Teana [Maxima, Cefiro] sedan in China, a world premiere that underlines the increasing weight of the Chinese market for the Japanese automaker.
According to Nissan officials speaking to Kyodo News, this is the first time the company launched a new car model in China ahead of all other markets.
Sales of Nissan cars, as well as those of other Japanese automakers, took a big plunge in China after widespread anti-Japanese protests in September last year over a bilateral territorial dispute in the East China Sea.
The sharpest decline came in October when Nissan's new car sales in China shrank more than 40% year on year.
For the whole of 2012, Nissan's car sales in China fell 5.3% to 1,181,500.
This is the first time the automaker posted negative growth in car sales in China since 2003 when it set up a local joint venture and began earnestly to try to penetrate the Chinese market.
The burgeoning electric vehicle EV industry cannot be understood by simply looking at cars. Indeed, in the last year, only the electric car sector of EVs has lost a year due to the Japanese tsunami an...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Units by the following Product Segments: Battery Powered Electric Vehicles (BPEVs), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), and Fuel ...
Nissan has applied to its local authorities for permission to add 25,000 square metres of capacity to its Sunderland plant in North-East England....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- PARIS DEBUTS: Honda Europe Jazz Prototype
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Jaguar "takes over London" for XE reveal
- Bosch taking over EPS JV with ZF
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)