CHINA: Nissan launches new high-end model ahead of other countries
Nissan Motor has launched a new model of its high-end Teana [Maxima, Cefiro] sedan in China, a world premiere that underlines the increasing weight of the Chinese market for the Japanese automaker.
According to Nissan officials speaking to Kyodo News, this is the first time the company launched a new car model in China ahead of all other markets.
Sales of Nissan cars, as well as those of other Japanese automakers, took a big plunge in China after widespread anti-Japanese protests in September last year over a bilateral territorial dispute in the East China Sea.
The sharpest decline came in October when Nissan's new car sales in China shrank more than 40% year on year.
For the whole of 2012, Nissan's car sales in China fell 5.3% to 1,181,500.
This is the first time the automaker posted negative growth in car sales in China since 2003 when it set up a local joint venture and began earnestly to try to penetrate the Chinese market.
Nissan has applied to its local authorities for permission to add 25,000 square metres of capacity to its Sunderland plant in North-East England....
Nissan will offer a newly-developed Cummins V8 turbo diesel in its next generation full-size pick-up in the US....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- COMMENT: Volvo's US sales surge as China reverses
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- China's economic turbulence worries auto industry
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Peugeot Fractal added
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- BMW launches smartphone wireless charging
- just-auto takes a late summer break
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020