CHINA: Nissan Jan-Feb sales likely down around 20% - exec
Nissan Motor's Jan-Feb sales in China may have fallen around 20% year on year, including negative sales growth for February, the company's China head Kimiyasu Nakamura said.
Nissan, the most exposed of Japan's leading carmakers to China, said earlier in the month its China sales rose 22.2% in January from a year earlier, an improvement from a fall of 24% in December, although the figures were impacted by the timing of the week-long Lunar New Year holiday, Reuters reported.
Showrooms in the world's largest car market are often closed for much of China's Lunar New Year holiday, a week-long break that fell in January in 2012 but came in February this year.
Sales of Japanese carmakers plunged almost 50% in October after an outbreak of tension over a chain of disputed islands led to violent protests and a boycott of Japanese-branded goods in China.
The burgeoning electric vehicle EV industry cannot be understood by simply looking at cars. Indeed, in the last year, only the electric car sector of EVs has lost a year due to the Japanese tsunami an...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Units by the following Product Segments: Battery Powered Electric Vehicles (BPEVs), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), and Fuel ...
Nissan has applied to its local authorities for permission to add 25,000 square metres of capacity to its Sunderland plant in North-East England....
- Swallowing Fiat-Chrysler 'would be bad for VW'
- Audi TDI tech is 25 years of age
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Roasting in Kia's Mojave oven
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Driving the Swedish nanny state
- COMMENT: Has ZF fired M&A starting gun with TRW?
- Sir Nick Scheele dies
- Volvo claims two safety firsts for XC90
- Rule change hits 'free charger' offers for EVs
- Nissan learns from India mistakes
- Opel Group formed within Adam Opel
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- New Cars: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018