JAPAN: Nissan focuses on regional leadership structure
Nissan’s senior vice president for supply chain management and chairman of Africa Middle East and India region, Trevor Mann has been appointed executive vice president and chairman of the management committee for the Africa Middle East India and Europe.
Effective from January 1, the move is one of a number of changes designed to focus on the leadership structure in several key regions and markets.
President and CEO Carlos Ghosn said: "The changes were planned as part of the senior management transitions next April. Given the immediate and on-going opportunities and challenges facing the global auto industry, we decided to accelerate the pace of change and strengthen the focus of our executive leadership team on the priority areas of our business."
Colin Dodge, executive vice president and chief performance officer (CPO), will focus on his responsibility as CPO and chairman of the Management Committee Americas.
Takao Katagiri, executive vice president Global Sales will add direct responsibility for the Japan Marketing and Sales organisation.
Senior Nissan executive Andy Palmer has told an auto industry forum in London that the Chinese OEMs are set to grab a big slice of future growth in the world's automotive market....
Top Nissan Motor executive Andy Palmer told an auto industry forum in London demand is growing worldwide for new cars, particularly in China and India....
SoVAB, or Société des Véhicules Automobiles de Batilly, a wholly-owned Renault subsidiary located in Batilly, Meurthe-et-Moselle (France), has made 2m large commercial vehicles since 1980....
Nissan is retrospectively extending battery warranty from three to five years for about 10,000 European owners of the original, Japanese-built Leaf....
Chrysler is recalling 14,800 Dodge Darts to recalibrate a control module that causes some cars to stall after starting....
The current Volkswagen Passat for European markets, launched in 2005, will not be replaced until "late 2014 or early 2015", a company insider has told just-auto.com....
Japanese suppliers are expanding or launching production in Russia to support their carmaking customers....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Active safety in the spotlight
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Škoda Octavia estate 4x4
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- Bear Grylls, brand ambassador for Land Rover
- Lada production to be cut as sales stall
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- MOSCOW SHOW: Datsun, Lada & Renault debuts
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times