JAPAN: Nissan exits Chinese heavy vehicle market
Nissan has said it will transfer its Chinese medium and heavy commercial vehicle business to its partner in the country, Dongfeng Motor Group.
The automaker, which long ago sold off its Nissan Diesel heavy truck unit, has already withdrawn from the medium and heavy commercial vehicle market in Japan and said it intends to refocus on passenger and light commercial vehicles, the Japan Times reported.
Nissan did not disclose the price of the Dongfeng deal.
For some time, electric power steering (EPS) has dominated the mass-market in a number of major car-producing regions, helped by its ability to improve fuel economy and save designers valuable space. ...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global heavy trucks market, major manufacturers, top markets, manufacturing trends and market size forecasts. Use this report t...
Sales growth of 34% in the first half of this year has catapulted Suzuki into the UK top 20, ahead of Volvo and Mazda and nibbling at the heels of Renault....
Nissan has posted a net profit of JPY82bn (US$830m) profit for the first quarter of financial year 2013/14 despite a 3% dip in global vehicle sales from a year ago....
Nissan Motor plans to churn out about 40% more luxury vehicles at its factory in Tochigi Prefecture this fiscal year in anticipation of increased exports to North America....
BMW reportedly is to buy a stake in British company Chargemaster which produces and installs half of the UK's charging points for electric cars....
Analysts are confident that vehicle sales in Malaysia will improve in the second half of the year, driven by attractive seasonal offers and model launches....
The Renault-Nissan Alliance has sold its 100,000th "zero-emission" car. In other words, electric....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- JLR starts Discovery Sport production
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)