JAPAN: New Toyota Vitz fuel economy king
Toyota claims its redesigned Vitz (Yaris) compact car with 1.3-litre petrol engine and an idling-stop system to be launched in Japan later this month has achieved the highest-level fuel efficiency of 26.5km per litre.
This is the highest-level fuel efficiency for a petrol-powered vehicle apart from minicars and hybrids, according to the automaker.
The fuel efficiency of the current model equipped with a one-litre petrol engine and start-stop is 24.5km/litre.
Fuel efficiency of the Vitz's mainstay model equipped with a 1.3-liter engine without start-stop system is also improved by 4 km to 24 km per litre.
The new Vitz line will continue to qualify for tax breaks for the purchase of environmentally friendly cars. It was first launched in 1999.
New to QUBE in the last quarter, this report has been extracted from QUBE and provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle Engine technologies sector, major suppliers, top markets, te...
There was a time not so very long ago when Toyota's financial results were pretty predictable....
Total Japanese output at the eight major automakers last plunged 60.1% year on year as the 11 March earthquake/tsunami forced them to suspend production....
Despite an expected loss of share that boosted the Detroit 3 and Koreans in May, analysts at Edmunds.com believe that the worst may be over for the Japanese OEMs recovering from the post-'quake supply...
With more than 1,000 incidents reported a year of motorists driving the wrong way and against the flow of traffic, Toyota has come up with a solution, co-developed with Denso and Aisin AW....
- Management briefing: Paris show preview
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris gets closer
- Jaguar's XE spearheads new industrial strategy
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: BMW i8
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Renault Twingo
- PARIS DEBUTS: Honda CR-V facelift
- EC gives Germany two months to comply with MAC
- Ford recalls 850,050 cars for airbag systems check
- Ford lowers 2014 pre-tax profit outlook
- Opel/Vauxhall issues 'do not drive' warning
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- Analysis of over 140 Lithium-based Rechargeable Battery Manufacturers: Chemistry, Strategy, Success
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report