US: New Cadillac CTS sedan set for New York show debut
According to a General Motors executive, the next generation Cadillac CTS will be revealed at the New York auto show in March, with US market sales to follow from October.
Global Cadillac vice president Bob Ferguson told The Detroit Free Press that GM designers and engineers had modified the CTS to clearly differentiate it from the Cadillac ATS. This follows criticism that the current model is too small for the E segment, and too similar in size to the ATS.
Ferguson said, "We are positioning that car [new CTS] as a step up, so there will be a marketing challenge to reposition that car."
The CTS has been critical to revitalising the Cadillac brand, but sales of the model have declined in recent times, particularly with the introduction of the slightly smaller ATS and the larger XTS sedan. The ATS has seen a strong start, and analysts expect Cadillac sales to rise in 2013 thanks to the new products.
Ferguson said, "We've only had full inventory on ATS for a couple months, so it's way too early to declare victory. But we're pleased with what we're seeing."
In other news, the next generation Escalade as well as the ELR coupe are due to reach showrooms in early 2014, to be followed by a coupe version of the ATS later that year.
For now, there is no news of any potential replacement(s) for the Cadillac CTS coupe or wagon, neither of which has been a big seller.
PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
PLDB from just-auto.com is a cost effective, vehicle cycle plan database, showing the production life of all major current and future vehicle models produced (or to be produced) globally by all brands...read more
The battle over air conditioning refrigerant between Mercedes-Benz and France (more or less repping the EU) continued this week with neither side showing signs of backing down....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this ...
New to QUBE in the last quarter, this report has been extracted from QUBE and provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle Engine technologies sector, major suppliers, top markets, te...
An internal investigation into General Motors India's controversial Chevrolet Tavera multi-utility vehicle (MUV) recall has led to an additional 30-35 key executives at their Indian operations being a...
General Motors has increased to US$350m planned spending for new vehicles to be produced at its Spring Hill assembly plant in Tennessee, home to the defunct Saturn brand from 1990 to 2007....
Don Butler, the head of global strategy for Cadillac has resigned just four months after being appointed to help to boost the brand's international sales....
Isuzu Motors will source diesel engines for its new Indian-made pickup trucks from General Motors in order to cut development costs....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Premium electric SUVs...
- Briefing: Innovative emission technologies
- ANALYSIS: Honda's BR-V could be The Next Big Thing
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Multiple updates
- JLR expects "many" of 5,800 Tianjin cars damaged
- GM strike ends as Mercedes truck workers walk
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- Jeep hacker resigns from Twitter - report
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030