US: New Cadillac CTS sedan set for New York show debut
According to a General Motors executive, the next generation Cadillac CTS will be revealed at the New York auto show in March, with US market sales to follow from October.
Global Cadillac vice president Bob Ferguson told The Detroit Free Press that GM designers and engineers had modified the CTS to clearly differentiate it from the Cadillac ATS. This follows criticism that the current model is too small for the E segment, and too similar in size to the ATS.
Ferguson said, "We are positioning that car [new CTS] as a step up, so there will be a marketing challenge to reposition that car."
The CTS has been critical to revitalising the Cadillac brand, but sales of the model have declined in recent times, particularly with the introduction of the slightly smaller ATS and the larger XTS sedan. The ATS has seen a strong start, and analysts expect Cadillac sales to rise in 2013 thanks to the new products.
Ferguson said, "We've only had full inventory on ATS for a couple months, so it's way too early to declare victory. But we're pleased with what we're seeing."
In other news, the next generation Escalade as well as the ELR coupe are due to reach showrooms in early 2014, to be followed by a coupe version of the ATS later that year.
For now, there is no news of any potential replacement(s) for the Cadillac CTS coupe or wagon, neither of which has been a big seller.
PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
PLDB from just-auto.com is a cost effective, vehicle cycle plan database, showing the production life of all major current and future vehicle models produced (or to be produced) globally by all brands...read more
The battle over air conditioning refrigerant between Mercedes-Benz and France (more or less repping the EU) continued this week with neither side showing signs of backing down....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this ...
New to QUBE in the last quarter, this report has been extracted from QUBE and provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle Engine technologies sector, major suppliers, top markets, te...
An internal investigation into General Motors India's controversial Chevrolet Tavera multi-utility vehicle (MUV) recall has led to an additional 30-35 key executives at their Indian operations being a...
General Motors has increased to US$350m planned spending for new vehicles to be produced at its Spring Hill assembly plant in Tennessee, home to the defunct Saturn brand from 1990 to 2007....
Don Butler, the head of global strategy for Cadillac has resigned just four months after being appointed to help to boost the brand's international sales....
Isuzu Motors will source diesel engines for its new Indian-made pickup trucks from General Motors in order to cut development costs....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Big fish eaten by bigger fish
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- COMMENT: The UK's Scotland and EU parallels
- INTERVIEW: Paul Philpott, Kia UK President and CEO
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- PARIS DEBUTS: Renault Clio Initiale Paris
- Jaguar launches India assembled XJ
- Lotus to restructure and up to 325 jobs could go
- And now (drum roll), the Nissan Leaf truck...
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays