RUSSIA: MMC designates Russia 'stand-alone' business region
In a move highlighting the growing significance of the Russian car market, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC), Mitsubishi Motors Europe B.V. (MME) and Rolf Holding, their Russia distributor, have agreed to make Russia a stand-alone business region.
Russia will no longer be integrated into MME's sales & marketing territory. Russia will therefore report directly to MMC.
Mitsubishi sales in Russia have risen from a mere 109 cars sold in 1992 to 68,919 for CY 2006.
Commenting on this decision, Tim Tozer, President & CEO - MME said: "In my time at MME, I have taken delight in working with Rolf to grow sales from 30,000 units in CY 2004 to 70,000 units in CY 2006.
"The strategic requirements to develop the our presence in Russia are now very different in product and business terms when compared to Western and Central Europe and as a result, better suited to MMC's direct management of this market".
He added: " This wholly appropriate decision will allow MME to concentrate upon strengthening our performance in Europe which we are looking forward to doing that with the progressive launch of the all-new Lancer from late 2007 into 2008."
Struggling Volkswagen of America is reshuffling its management deck. CEO Stefan Jacoby has announced new executive appointments and realignment of the Volkswagen brand executive management team, takin...
Volkswagen will invest EUR223m in its plant in Argentina to build a new pick-up from 2009....
The European car market inched up 0.3% (just 33,553 units) to 12,035,103 units for the first nine months of the year, after falling 1.5% to 1,404,043 in September, according to Jato Dynamics analysis....
Hyundai Motor has been quoted as saying it was considering building a $400m car plant in Russia to meet rising demand there while a Korean newspaper claimed the decision had already been made....
Chinese manufacturer Landwind has this week received European type approval for the two vehicles it plans to launch in the UK next year....
Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) has marked a significant export milestone with the 1,000,000th one-tonne pickup shipped overseas since the first generation model....
Mitsubishi will increase its capacity in Japan by around 10% to meet growing export demand....
Speaking exclusively to just-auto, the CEO and Chairman of Russian car distributor the Rolf Group said that his company is heading for another record year on the back of a booming Russian car market t...
- Management briefing: Paris show preview
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris gets closer
- Jaguar's XE spearheads new industrial strategy
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Renault Twingo
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Big fish eaten by bigger fish
- PARIS DEBUTS: Honda Civic Type R & VW Passat GTE
- EC gives Germany two months to comply with MAC
- Ford recalls 850,050 cars for airbag systems check
- Opel/Vauxhall issues 'do not drive' warning
- Ford's Americas chief sees 17m light vehicle sales
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Analysis of over 140 Lithium-based Rechargeable Battery Manufacturers: Chemistry, Strategy, Success
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)