RUSSIA: MMC designates Russia 'stand-alone' business region
In a move highlighting the growing significance of the Russian car market, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC), Mitsubishi Motors Europe B.V. (MME) and Rolf Holding, their Russia distributor, have agreed to make Russia a stand-alone business region.
Russia will no longer be integrated into MME's sales & marketing territory. Russia will therefore report directly to MMC.
Mitsubishi sales in Russia have risen from a mere 109 cars sold in 1992 to 68,919 for CY 2006.
Commenting on this decision, Tim Tozer, President & CEO - MME said: "In my time at MME, I have taken delight in working with Rolf to grow sales from 30,000 units in CY 2004 to 70,000 units in CY 2006.
"The strategic requirements to develop the our presence in Russia are now very different in product and business terms when compared to Western and Central Europe and as a result, better suited to MMC's direct management of this market".
He added: " This wholly appropriate decision will allow MME to concentrate upon strengthening our performance in Europe which we are looking forward to doing that with the progressive launch of the all-new Lancer from late 2007 into 2008."
Struggling Volkswagen of America is reshuffling its management deck. CEO Stefan Jacoby has announced new executive appointments and realignment of the Volkswagen brand executive management team, takin...
Volkswagen will invest EUR223m in its plant in Argentina to build a new pick-up from 2009....
The European car market inched up 0.3% (just 33,553 units) to 12,035,103 units for the first nine months of the year, after falling 1.5% to 1,404,043 in September, according to Jato Dynamics analysis....
Hyundai Motor has been quoted as saying it was considering building a $400m car plant in Russia to meet rising demand there while a Korean newspaper claimed the decision had already been made....
Chinese manufacturer Landwind has this week received European type approval for the two vehicles it plans to launch in the UK next year....
Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) has marked a significant export milestone with the 1,000,000th one-tonne pickup shipped overseas since the first generation model....
Mitsubishi will increase its capacity in Japan by around 10% to meet growing export demand....
Speaking exclusively to just-auto, the CEO and Chairman of Russian car distributor the Rolf Group said that his company is heading for another record year on the back of a booming Russian car market t...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Active safety in the spotlight
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Škoda Octavia estate 4x4
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Bear Grylls, brand ambassador for Land Rover
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- Lada production to be cut as sales stall
- MOSCOW SHOW: World premieres - final list
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018