INDIA: M&M to invest US$900m in Mahindra-Ssangyong
M&M's automotive president Pawan Goenka, who is also the chairman of Ssangyong, told Reuters that this investment would be separate from Mahindra's plans to spend INR50bn ($908m) on its own products during the three years ending 2014.
M&M acquired a majority stake in SUV manufacturer Ssangyong for $460m in 2011.
Hyundai Motor June sales rose 8.2% year on year in June thanks to solid sales in overseas markets....
Mahindra Group and CIE Automotive have signed an agreement between the Indian company's component businesses - held under its Systech Sector - and the Spanish operation also involving its subsidiary A...
SUV maker Mahindra and Mahindra has made its first push into India's small car market to compensate for increasing competition in the 4x4 market....
Hyundai has reported a 10% year on year jump in global car sales for May 2013....
Mahindra & Mahindra has introduced its XUV500 SUV in Chile....
Toyota Kirloskar Motor has announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services to extend auto retail finance to its prospective customers....
BMW is to start assembling its Mini Countryman at its plant in Chennai, India, later this year....
Maruti Suzuki is the latest Indian automaker to consider setting up a plant in South Africa. The company could use the planned facility for supplying neighbouring markets....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Scion and Ford workers' chop
- F23 2 Series Convertible & future BMWs
- Analysis - Bull market for Lamborghini
- Q&A – Delphi Chief Technology Officer, Jeff Owens
- Interview with Harman Connected Car division
- New Ford plant for Mexico & Prius rival - report
- Auto vacancies due to UK skills shortage - report
- VW Group quality chief leaves
- Wrist smartphone speeds Ford quality checks
- Volvo nixes range extenders