JAPAN: Mitsubishi starts Russian Outlander assembly
Japanese built vehicles were imported initially to launch the new model last July, Kyodo News reported.
PCMA Rus, owned 70% owned by PSA, which sells Peugeot and Citroen versions of the Outlander, and 30% by Mitsubishi, is in Kaluga, about 180km southwest of Moscow.
The plant, opened in 2010, built the previous-generation Outlander and started on the new one in November.
In 2013 it will add the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport and a new Citroen model.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
PSA Peugeot Citroen may have to raise funds through a share sale as it burns through cash in a weak market, sources told the Reuters news agency....
Mitsubishi Motors is to cease development of commercial vehicles including minitrucks....
PSA Peugeot Citroen is to meet its unions tomorrow (29 May) in the first of several negotiations to discuss how the automaker can remain a manufacturer, "rooted" in France....
IKCO says it will establish a production line with capacity of 30,000 units in the Iraqi city of Iskandariya by June, in order to develop its global target markets....
After announcing an after-tax operating loss of A$141m for the 2012 financial year, following a A$290m loss in 2011, Ford has finally thrown in the manufacturing towel in Australia and will close its ...
PSA Peugeot-Citroen is stressing there will be no job losses in plans to close and move its administrative and research site near Paris....
- ANALYSIS: Hyundai axes Veloster, goes after Toyota
- ANALYSIS: Future models for North America - Part 2
- Review of 2014 (1)
- ANALYSIS: Future models for North America - Part 1
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Another year races by
- Genk mayor organises "loudest shift" as Ford exits
- Punch Genk offer "missed opportunity": Mayor
- Pay deal lifts strike threat at Jaguar Land Rover
- PSA UK announces new senior management structure
- Bye, Chrysler, hello FCA US