JAPAN: Mitsubishi starts building Pajero Sport in China
|Production and Sales of Pajero Sport Midsize SUV Begins in China|
TOKYO, September 30, 2013 - Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) announced commencement of production and sales of the Pajero Sport midsize SUV at GAC Mitsubishi Motors Co., Ltd. (GMMC)*1, which produces and sells MMC cars in China.
After its founding and start of operation in September 2012, GMMC commenced production of the ASX compact SUV. Besides brisk sales, the GMMC-made ASX has won high acclaim for its safety, taking five stars in C-NCAP's*2 2013 fiscal year crash tests. To meet highly growing demand for SUVs in the Chinese automobile market and expand sales, GMMC bolsters its lineup with the off-road SUV Pajero Sport.
MMC made the concentration of business resources in emerging markets a major strategic pillar of its JUMP 2013 mid-term business plan which the company announced in January of 2011. MMC will work to strengthen its operations in the world's largest automobile market by improving and firmly cementing the Mitsubishi Motors brand with production and sales of products that meet the varying needs of Chinese consumers.
[GAC Mitsubishi Motors Outline]
Original source: MMC
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Automotive Turbocharger market to grow at a CAGR of 9.95 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the in...
Japanese automakers reported mixed results for hybrid electric and electric vehicle sales in 2013, a media report said....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- COMMENT: Volvo's US sales surge as China reverses
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- China's economic turbulence worries auto industry
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Toyota Prius added
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- BMW launches smartphone wireless charging
- Uber hires car hacking engineers
- Suzuki-VW dispute over
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020