JAPAN: Mitsubishi starts building Pajero Sport in China
|Production and Sales of Pajero Sport Midsize SUV Begins in China|
TOKYO, September 30, 2013 - Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) announced commencement of production and sales of the Pajero Sport midsize SUV at GAC Mitsubishi Motors Co., Ltd. (GMMC)*1, which produces and sells MMC cars in China.
After its founding and start of operation in September 2012, GMMC commenced production of the ASX compact SUV. Besides brisk sales, the GMMC-made ASX has won high acclaim for its safety, taking five stars in C-NCAP's*2 2013 fiscal year crash tests. To meet highly growing demand for SUVs in the Chinese automobile market and expand sales, GMMC bolsters its lineup with the off-road SUV Pajero Sport.
MMC made the concentration of business resources in emerging markets a major strategic pillar of its JUMP 2013 mid-term business plan which the company announced in January of 2011. MMC will work to strengthen its operations in the world's largest automobile market by improving and firmly cementing the Mitsubishi Motors brand with production and sales of products that meet the varying needs of Chinese consumers.
[GAC Mitsubishi Motors Outline]
Original source: MMC
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Automotive Turbocharger market to grow at a CAGR of 9.95 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the in...
Japanese automakers reported mixed results for hybrid electric and electric vehicle sales in 2013, a media report said....
- Q&A: Volvo XC90 chief engineer Håkan Ivarsson
- COMMENT: No wizards needed at US$100 a barrel
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Minding the shop
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- RESEARCH SNAPSHOT: Review of front-end modules
- Magna Steyr to build vehicles for JLR
- JLR in talks for Eastern Europe plant
- Arrested Toyota executive quits
- SUVs continue driving US sales growth
- TRW acquisition by ZF more than 1+1=2: Peter Lake
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2029
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018