JAPAN: Mitsubishi starts building Pajero Sport in China
|Production and Sales of Pajero Sport Midsize SUV Begins in China|
TOKYO, September 30, 2013 - Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) announced commencement of production and sales of the Pajero Sport midsize SUV at GAC Mitsubishi Motors Co., Ltd. (GMMC)*1, which produces and sells MMC cars in China.
After its founding and start of operation in September 2012, GMMC commenced production of the ASX compact SUV. Besides brisk sales, the GMMC-made ASX has won high acclaim for its safety, taking five stars in C-NCAP's*2 2013 fiscal year crash tests. To meet highly growing demand for SUVs in the Chinese automobile market and expand sales, GMMC bolsters its lineup with the off-road SUV Pajero Sport.
MMC made the concentration of business resources in emerging markets a major strategic pillar of its JUMP 2013 mid-term business plan which the company announced in January of 2011. MMC will work to strengthen its operations in the world's largest automobile market by improving and firmly cementing the Mitsubishi Motors brand with production and sales of products that meet the varying needs of Chinese consumers.
[GAC Mitsubishi Motors Outline]
Original source: MMC
Japanese automakers reported mixed results for hybrid electric and electric vehicle sales in 2013, a media report said....
PCMA Rus says it aims to improve its localisation rate by 10% next year as it looks to fend off the impact of currency wobbles....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Diesel developments
- Federal-Mogul on trends in the plug market - Q&A
- Carlos Ghosn interview
- Comment - emissions 'failures' hardly a surprise
- ANALYSIS - 2016 Subaru Legacy/Liberty 3.6
- BMW launches 'big battery' i3 EV
- BMW Q1 operating profit down 2.5%
- Volvo Cars swings to profit in Q1
- Ford claims factory fit first for F-150 strobes
- Autonomous cars to shake up car insurance