THAILAND: Mitsubishi reveals Attrage - Mirage/Space Star sedan
The new Attrage will compete with other locally-built Eco-Car small sedans such as the Honda Amaze
Mitsubishi Motors (MMC) has revealed initial details of the production version of the G4 concept from the recent Bangkok motor show. This new model, a sedan version of the Mirage/Space Star hatchback, is called 'Attrage'.
The Attrage qualifies for the Thai government's Eco-car Project*. It will be produced at MMC subsidiary Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) Co. Ltd.'s third factory at the Laem Chabang Industrial Estate in Chonburi province.
In the local market, the standard engine will be a 1.2-litre three-cylinder MIVEC petrol unit in combination with five-speed manual or CVT gearboxes.
The new model is due for launch in Thailand during July, with exports to right- and left-hand drive markets to follow.
*Qualifications: fuel efficiency based on European calculation methods of at least 5l/100KM (20km/l), meet EU4 exhaust gas regulations, invest over THB5 billion into production in Thailand, and produce over 100,000 units per year after the fifth year of production.
Author: Glenn Brooks
Volkswagen is gradually increasing assembly in Malaysia, where the stitching together is actually done by Proton parent company DRB-Hicom....
Thai automotive parts manufacturer PCS Machine Group Holding Plc announced plans to raise THB6.1bn in an initial public offering (IPO) to fund expansion and to repay debt....
Japan's mainstream automakers have reached a framework agreement to provide financial assistance to developers of electric vehicle charging infrastructure in the country....
Nissan Motor announced plans to assemble 'kei' [mini]cars in house for the first time from next year, as part of a broader reorganisation of its operations....
South Korea's Renault Samsung confirmed it will produce its SM5 passenger car for sale under the Mitsubishi badge in the US market, as part of the broadening partnership between Renault-Nissan and Mit...
Mitsubishi Motors plans to raise JPY210bn in a new share offering as it targets a 30% rise in global sales in the next three years....
- CEO says Citroen wants to be quirky again
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- Takata manipulated test results back to 2000
- Prosecutors eye VW workers for emissions tax evade
- Volkswagen making progress on diesel emissions fix
- Chinese explosion, investments, lower JLR profit
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030