JAPAN: Mitsubishi recalls vehicles over five defects
Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus Corp. on Wednesday said it is recalling a total of about 42,000 trucks and buses in five separate defect cases, of which two were found previously, Kyodo News reported.
In one of the five cases, Mitsubishi Fuso, which has been involved in a series of defect cover-ups, will recall some 37,000 vehicles manufactured from 1998 to 2004 due to a defect in the clutch system. Its attachment device lacks strength and may crack, making gear changes impossible.
This is among 15 defect cases the company reported to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport on Tuesday, although they were found more than a year ago.
Another recall is intended to repair more than 1,000 large buses because of a defect in the air compressor for the braking system. The defect surfaced as a result of the company's investigation into its past repair documents.
Mitsubishi Fuso tried to secretly fix the defect in 1997, according to the investigation, Kyodo News noted.
This year sees a record number of new models - not mere facelifts - destined for UK showrooms. For carmakers, it should give a boost to flagging sales on the back of increased use of platform sharing....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global heavy trucks market, major manufacturers, top markets, manufacturing trends and market size forecasts. Use this report t...
Japan's vehicle manufacturers are experiencing a sharp slowdown in earnings growth in the current fiscal year due to adverse currency valuations, rising raw material and energy costs and higher intere...
Mitsubishi Motors is looking at expanding its collaboration with Hindustan Motors....
Mitsubishi Motors reportedly said on Friday it would send a Japanese executive to head up its Dutch subsidiary Netherlands Car BV (NedCar) replacing the current chief sent from DaimlerChrysler....
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) has reported that its annual loss has more than doubled to a record as sales dropped every month in the fiscal year ended in March 2005. The thumping loss was in li...
Mitsubishi Motors North America's launch of its fully redesigned 2006 Eclipse sport coupe on Thursday was brought forward by several weeks....
Mitsubishi Motors has chosen to centre its development of next-generation electric vehicle technology on in-wheel motors and on lithium-ion batteries that the company has been working on for several y...
- COMMENT: What is normal in Russian maelstrom?
- Regulatory concerns grow in China
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The August harvest...
- Mercedes 'guilty' of China parts price fixing
- Ford recalls 160,000 cars to fix wiring problem
- Serious concern on Russia auto sanction rumours
- ZF's TRW plans hit a Bosch hitch - report
- Volvo Cars hails new engineering architecture
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Motor Vehicle Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times