JAPAN: Mitsubishi recalls vehicles over five defects
Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus Corp. on Wednesday said it is recalling a total of about 42,000 trucks and buses in five separate defect cases, of which two were found previously, Kyodo News reported.
In one of the five cases, Mitsubishi Fuso, which has been involved in a series of defect cover-ups, will recall some 37,000 vehicles manufactured from 1998 to 2004 due to a defect in the clutch system. Its attachment device lacks strength and may crack, making gear changes impossible.
This is among 15 defect cases the company reported to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport on Tuesday, although they were found more than a year ago.
Another recall is intended to repair more than 1,000 large buses because of a defect in the air compressor for the braking system. The defect surfaced as a result of the company's investigation into its past repair documents.
Mitsubishi Fuso tried to secretly fix the defect in 1997, according to the investigation, Kyodo News noted.
This year sees a record number of new models - not mere facelifts - destined for UK showrooms. For carmakers, it should give a boost to flagging sales on the back of increased use of platform sharing....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global heavy trucks market, major manufacturers, top markets, manufacturing trends and market size forecasts. Use this report t...
Japan's vehicle manufacturers are experiencing a sharp slowdown in earnings growth in the current fiscal year due to adverse currency valuations, rising raw material and energy costs and higher intere...
Mitsubishi Motors is looking at expanding its collaboration with Hindustan Motors....
Mitsubishi Motors reportedly said on Friday it would send a Japanese executive to head up its Dutch subsidiary Netherlands Car BV (NedCar) replacing the current chief sent from DaimlerChrysler....
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) has reported that its annual loss has more than doubled to a record as sales dropped every month in the fiscal year ended in March 2005. The thumping loss was in li...
Mitsubishi Motors North America's launch of its fully redesigned 2006 Eclipse sport coupe on Thursday was brought forward by several weeks....
Mitsubishi Motors has chosen to centre its development of next-generation electric vehicle technology on in-wheel motors and on lithium-ion batteries that the company has been working on for several y...
- COMMENT: Diesel not out in London and Paris
- Management briefing: 48V mild hybrids (2)
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- ANALYSIS: Europe's fragile recovery continues
- Honda chief quits
- Geneva show list updated
- Land Rover updates Evoque
- UK: Aston Martin to reveal future models strategy
- Ricardo unveils new prototype electric motor
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)