ALGERIA: Minister spills beans on future Renault plant
Algeria's Industry minister has told the local media that negotiations between the government and Renault over a car plant will be finalised in August.
"Our teams have been working on finalising the shareholders' alliance since May 25, and it will probably be ready by early August," Industry minister Mohamed Benmeradi said on national radio, noting the date that a framework agreement had been signed.
There have been intermittent reports over the last two years that Renault was finalising plans for a production facility in the North African country and former French colony. The most recent of which was carried by just-auto on 2 February.
Author: Glenn Brooks
French President, Francois Hollande, insists this week's Renault agreement to build vehicles in Algeria will not be at the expense of domestic employment....
French Economic Redevelopment Minister, Arnaud Montebourg, has welcomed this week's agreement between Renault and Algeria to produce vehicles, while also seeking to reassure unions of continued domest...
Renault will start production of its low-cost Symbol model in Algeria during the second half of 2014, from which date it will also enjoy a three-year exclusivity agreement in the country. ...
As forecast earlier this week, Renault has signed an agreement with Algerian state interests to form a joint venture to make cars in Algeria....
France's Economic Redevelopment Ministry has welcomed the nomination of former European Aerospace and Defence company chief executive, Louis Gallois, to its supervisory board....
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Honda CR-V update
- ANALYSIS: Europe's car market in 2014, and 2015
- COMMENT: Deckchair army surveys smart Hoegh work
- Weather dashes Hoegh tow but heavy list reducing
- Salvers look to slash Hoegh list to 5° for tow
- Toyota puts the brakes on sales expectations
- JLR's 'Bike Sense' technology
- Automakers anxious to learn Osaka cars fate: Hoegh
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle front end modules market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029