ALGERIA: Minister spills beans on future Renault plant
Algeria's Industry minister has told the local media that negotiations between the government and Renault over a car plant will be finalised in August.
"Our teams have been working on finalising the shareholders' alliance since May 25, and it will probably be ready by early August," Industry minister Mohamed Benmeradi said on national radio, noting the date that a framework agreement had been signed.
There have been intermittent reports over the last two years that Renault was finalising plans for a production facility in the North African country and former French colony. The most recent of which was carried by just-auto on 2 February.
Author: Glenn Brooks
French President, Francois Hollande, insists this week's Renault agreement to build vehicles in Algeria will not be at the expense of domestic employment....
French Economic Redevelopment Minister, Arnaud Montebourg, has welcomed this week's agreement between Renault and Algeria to produce vehicles, while also seeking to reassure unions of continued domest...
Renault will start production of its low-cost Symbol model in Algeria during the second half of 2014, from which date it will also enjoy a three-year exclusivity agreement in the country. ...
As forecast earlier this week, Renault has signed an agreement with Algerian state interests to form a joint venture to make cars in Algeria....
France's Economic Redevelopment Ministry has welcomed the nomination of former European Aerospace and Defence company chief executive, Louis Gallois, to its supervisory board....
- COMMENT: Volvo's US sales surge as China reverses
- China's economic turbulence worries auto industry
- Baking Kias at 45C
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- COMMENT: Ford F-Series production soars
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: BMW plug-in 2AT added
- Land Rover develops 'see-through trailer' concept
- Brazil Four losing sales faster than industry rate
- Uber hires car hacking engineers
- Suzuki-VW dispute over
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global heavy trucks market