GERMANY: Milberg staying to see BMW centenary
BMW’s supervisory board chairman Joachim Milberg will remain in his post until 2016, despite reaching the age of 70 in April, according to Germany's Manager Magazin.
This could pave the way for a smooth transition at the head of its supervisory board in 2016 when the carmaker also celebrates its centenary.
Chief executive Norbert Reithofer's contract also expires that year, when he reaches the internal age limit for management board members of 60, allowing him to assume Milberg's position on the supervisory board, the publication speculated.
Manager Magazin cited board sources as saying that the Quandt family, which owns nearly half the shares in BMW, has agreed to support a further candidacy of Milberg, even though he will exceed the internal age limit for the supervisory board, at the shareholders' annual general meeting in May.
He stepped down as chief executive in May 2002 to join the supervisory board.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global cockpits and instrumentation sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use t...
Motorcycle Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The pro...
Industry production cuts of 1.5m to 2m vehicles in Europe that have occurred or are announced still leave output well above demand, Ford's European chief Stephen Odell said....
Car Manufacturing in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). ...
Only weeks after launching the new, locally made EcoSport compact crossover in India, Ford has recalled almost 1,000 units to check for a potential problem with the glow plug module used to help start...
Car Manufacturing in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 20...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- Q&A with Tenneco: Energy recovery technologies
- PSA issues new business plan
- The bubble car is back, fit for the 21st century
- NYIAS DEBUTS: next Mazda MX-5 Miata preview
- BEIJING DEBUTS: Volvo S60L PPHEV concept
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028