BRAZIL: Mercedes car build to return via Alliance?
A plant in Juiz de Fora, state of Minas Gerais, built in the late 90s for the A-class never achieved planned volume and was used to assemble C-class models (the saloon and CLC for other markets before, after refurbishing, its current rolse making Actros heavy trucks.
Revived Mercedes production would require paint and engine manufacture crucial for meeting the new automotive rules that have boosted local content requirement and this could be done at new facilities the Japanese-French group is currently building in Brazil.
Phillip Schiemer, marketing chief at Mercedes-Benz, reckons new A-class derivatives like the compact SUV or saloon, due on sale within two years in Europe, would be the right choices for Brazilian and neighbouring markets.
Resuming production in Brazil is a strategic necessity for Mercedes after Audi announced a US$2bn plant spend in Mexico (which has a free trade agreement with Brazil) and BMW was expected to confirm its Brazilian plant by June.
TomTom is well known for its navigation systems both for OE and aftermarket applications. What is not so well known is how it is developing its range of products and services to meet the demands of to...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
Hyundai and Kia continue to grow sales in Europe, up 13.8% during the January-September period, despite fears that the total market may fall by up 10% this year compared to 2011....
Renault and Nissan reportedly will look for a more stable structure for their alliance and will share increased number of operations....
- COMMENT: What is normal in Russian maelstrom?
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- Regulatory concerns grow in China
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Mercedes 'guilty' of China parts price fixing
- Ford recalls 160,000 cars to fix wiring problem
- Cadillac takes on Merc S Class
- Serious concern on Russia auto sanction rumours
- ZF's TRW plans hit a Bosch hitch - report
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Motor Vehicle Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times