CHINA: Mercedes-Benz to recall 1,525 B-class
Mercedes-Benz China will recall 1,525 cars because of faulty fuel tank vent valves, the country's consumer quality watchdog said.
The company has decided to recall its imported B180 and B200 models produced between 28 February and 8 October this year, China Daily reported, citing the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, or AQSIQ.
It is possible that vent valves in the fuel tank could loosen if the vehicle is operated with petrol blended with 15% methanol-petrol for a certain length of time.
It could result in slight fuel leakage via the valves, which could be a safety concern, the company said.
The recall will start on 26 December and Mercedes-Benz China will offer free vehicle checks and install new fuel tanks if necessary, the AQSIQ said.
Affected vehicles that are still in stock will not be sold until they are repaired.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle fuel tanks sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this ...
New vehicle sales in Vietnam jumped by 34% to 8,001 units in April, from a depressed 5,972 units in the same month of last year, according to data released by the Vietnam Automotive Manufacturers Asso...
After leading the successful expansion of Porsche in China since 2007, Helmut Bröker is to take over as head of the region covering the Middle East, Africa, India, South-East Asia, Australia/New Zeala...
US-based electric car maker Tesla Motors has posted its first ever quarterly profit in the first quarter as it also said it exceeded its target for deliveries....
- COMMENT: Volvo's US sales surge as China reverses
- China's economic turbulence worries auto industry
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- Key trends in the automotive air-con market
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Toyota Prius added
- Land Rover develops 'see-through trailer' concept
- Uber hires car hacking engineers
- Brazil Four losing sales faster than industry rate
- Suzuki-VW dispute over
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report