CHINA: Mercedes-Benz to recall 1,525 B-class
Mercedes-Benz China will recall 1,525 cars because of faulty fuel tank vent valves, the country's consumer quality watchdog said.
The company has decided to recall its imported B180 and B200 models produced between 28 February and 8 October this year, China Daily reported, citing the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, or AQSIQ.
It is possible that vent valves in the fuel tank could loosen if the vehicle is operated with petrol blended with 15% methanol-petrol for a certain length of time.
It could result in slight fuel leakage via the valves, which could be a safety concern, the company said.
The recall will start on 26 December and Mercedes-Benz China will offer free vehicle checks and install new fuel tanks if necessary, the AQSIQ said.
Affected vehicles that are still in stock will not be sold until they are repaired.
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global transmissions sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gain...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle fuel tanks sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this ...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Automotive market in Turkey to grow at a CAGR of 8.4 percent over the period 2011-2015. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the Turkish Gover...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Compressed Natural Vehicle market in the APAC region to reach 15 million units by 2015. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is increasing fuel p...
New vehicle sales in Vietnam jumped by 34% to 8,001 units in April, from a depressed 5,972 units in the same month of last year, according to data released by the Vietnam Automotive Manufacturers Asso...
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- PSA issues new business plan
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028