GERMANY: Mazda tops Auto Bild quality report again
First conducted in 2001, the quality report evaluates vehicle brands using seven criteria - endurance tests, car owner surveys (22,795 Auto Bild subscribers), recalls, Germany's TÜV Report, customer complaints made to the magazine, type of warranties and the quality of dealers based on secret service tests.
Germany is Europe's largest new car market with annual sales of around 3m units.
According to Mazda Motors Europe, its quality was evident in all aspects of the survey with especially strong results in categories reflecting long-term quality: on the TÜV Report (for cars that are two and three years old) and on the magazine's 100,000 km endurance test - where the 5 minivan/MPV is currently half-way through with no breakdowns. The 6 - due for a redesign soon - has been ranked first since 2004, being the only car ever to come through with no breakdowns in the magazine report's history.
Mazda also scored high on the owner survey for low repair frequency and high body build quality, which enabled the brand to improve on last year's result.
Results reflecting customer satisfaction and warranty performance were once again very positive, the automaker said in a statement.
Mazda's European boss James Muir is interested in developing smaller, lighter SUVs, possibly using the iconic MX-5's rear-wheel drive platform, and he also sees the environmental issue as the best thi...
With General Motors confirming its intention to have a stake in AvtoVAZ, the Russian carmaker has been thrust well and truly into the limelight, writes Pal Negyesi....
Dana has announced the selection of nine individuals who are expected to serve as members of the board of directors of Dana upon emergence from Chapter 11 reorganisation early next year. The list incl...
The Board of Directors of ACEA, the European Automobile Manufacturers' Association, has elected Christian Streiff as its new President. Streiff, CEO of PSA Peugeot Citroën, will take over from Sergio ...
The German car market is showing no signs of recovery with registrations dropping almost 13% in November....
For the first time since the inception of the study in 2004, BMW ranks highest in initial quality among passenger vehicle nameplates in South Africa, according to the JD Power and Associates 2007 Sout...
Kyodo news reports that Toyota will try to realise the practical use of human-assisting partner robots in the early 2010s....
US light vehicle sales slipped in November on the back of a weakening housing market and higher gasoline prices. Figures issued by Ward's put the total US light vehicle market at 1.175m units, down 1....
- ANALYSIS: Hyundai axes Veloster, goes after Toyota
- Review of 2014 (1)
- ANALYSIS: Future models for North America - Part 2
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Bleak Christmas ahead for some
- ANALYSIS: Future models for North America - Part 1
- Ford union to block "even a screwdriver" at Genk
- JLR research removes blind spots
- Genk mayor organises "loudest shift" as Ford exits
- NHTSA lists Ford, Jaguar and Porsche recalls
- Bye, Chrysler, hello FCA US
- Global light diesel vehicles market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029