MALAYSIA: Mazda to set up Malaysia assembly plant
Mazda Motor is investing an initial MYR100 million (USD 31 million) in a new assembly plant in Kulim in the Malaysian state of Kedah, to produce so-called energy-efficient vehicles (EEVs) – according to Malaysian Government sources.
The first model is expected to be produced in April, with two other models planned for 2014, as the Japanese carmaker vies to increase its presence in the substantial Malaysian passenger car market.
Mazda intends to increase local content of the new model 50% within a year to help bring down taxation and overall costs. The vehicles will be exported also to other Asean markets.
Alliance partners Renault and Nissan both made the news this week. The two news items were rather different, but there was a curious common denominator of sorts: step forward Carlos Ghosn, boss of bot...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Lots of folks in the auto industry must have been looking for champagne as August US light vehicle sales blew past analysts' expectations. By the end of the day, there were suggestions that the indust...
Hyundai Motor has reached a tentative agreement with its unions over wages and benefits following a series of partial strikes....
Thomas Kuehl, former director of corporate strategy at Volkswagen Group Sales India, has been appointed to replace Park Dong-hoon as managing director and CEO of the Volkswagen brand in Korea....
- ANALYSIS: Making sense of China's sales volatility
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Toyota's FCV cometh
- Briefing: Tomorrow's steering systems
- COMMENT: McLaren comes of age
- ANALYSIS: Kia 'thinks globally, acts locally'
- Mitsubishi ending US production
- FRANKFURT DEBUTS LIST: Ferrari 488 Spider added
- FCA to recall 1,060,531 Ram trucks
- JCI confirms auto exit as supplier eddies swirl
- Fiat Chrysler cops record penalty from NHTSA
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030