MALAYSIA: Mazda to set up Malaysia assembly plant
Mazda Motor is investing an initial MYR100 million (USD 31 million) in a new assembly plant in Kulim in the Malaysian state of Kedah, to produce so-called energy-efficient vehicles (EEVs) – according to Malaysian Government sources.
The first model is expected to be produced in April, with two other models planned for 2014, as the Japanese carmaker vies to increase its presence in the substantial Malaysian passenger car market.
Mazda intends to increase local content of the new model 50% within a year to help bring down taxation and overall costs. The vehicles will be exported also to other Asean markets.
Alliance partners Renault and Nissan both made the news this week. The two news items were rather different, but there was a curious common denominator of sorts: step forward Carlos Ghosn, boss of bot...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Lots of folks in the auto industry must have been looking for champagne as August US light vehicle sales blew past analysts' expectations. By the end of the day, there were suggestions that the indust...
Hyundai Motor has reached a tentative agreement with its unions over wages and benefits following a series of partial strikes....
Thomas Kuehl, former director of corporate strategy at Volkswagen Group Sales India, has been appointed to replace Park Dong-hoon as managing director and CEO of the Volkswagen brand in Korea....
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- Q&A: Volvo XC90 chief engineer Håkan Ivarsson
- RESEARCH SNAPSHOT: Review of front-end modules
- COMMENT: No wizards needed at US$100 a barrel
- COMMENT: BMW & Mercedes battle over self parking
- Arrested Toyota executive quits
- "Levelling off" continues in China's car market
- GM pleased judge tosses out 'ignition switch' suit
- Magna Steyr to build vehicles for JLR
- SUVs continue driving US sales growth
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2029