MALAYSIA: Mazda to set up Malaysia assembly plant
Mazda Motor is investing an initial MYR100 million (USD 31 million) in a new assembly plant in Kulim in the Malaysian state of Kedah, to produce so-called energy-efficient vehicles (EEVs) – according to Malaysian Government sources.
The first model is expected to be produced in April, with two other models planned for 2014, as the Japanese carmaker vies to increase its presence in the substantial Malaysian passenger car market.
Mazda intends to increase local content of the new model 50% within a year to help bring down taxation and overall costs. The vehicles will be exported also to other Asean markets.
Alliance partners Renault and Nissan both made the news this week. The two news items were rather different, but there was a curious common denominator of sorts: step forward Carlos Ghosn, boss of bot...
Business Monitor International's Indonesia Autos Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, auto associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with indepe...
Business Monitor International's India Autos Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, auto associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independen...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Units by the following Product Segments: Battery Powered Electric Vehicles (BPEVs), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), and Fuel ...
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- Jaguar Land Rover's lightweight future
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- INTERVIEW: Ford UK fleet director, Phil Hollins
- 'One Ford' has kept us alive in Europe
- EXCLUSIVE: Renault axes another EV
- GENEVA: Jaguar names 'small' saloon XE
- Ukraine crisis sparks Russia 'downward pressures'
- Jaguar recruits Beckham as China brand ambassador
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle HVAC market 2008 to 2028