MALAYSIA: Mazda to set up Malaysia assembly plant
Mazda Motor is investing an initial MYR100 million (USD 31 million) in a new assembly plant in Kulim in the Malaysian state of Kedah, to produce so-called energy-efficient vehicles (EEVs) – according to Malaysian Government sources.
The first model is expected to be produced in April, with two other models planned for 2014, as the Japanese carmaker vies to increase its presence in the substantial Malaysian passenger car market.
Mazda intends to increase local content of the new model 50% within a year to help bring down taxation and overall costs. The vehicles will be exported also to other Asean markets.
Alliance partners Renault and Nissan both made the news this week. The two news items were rather different, but there was a curious common denominator of sorts: step forward Carlos Ghosn, boss of bot...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Lots of folks in the auto industry must have been looking for champagne as August US light vehicle sales blew past analysts' expectations. By the end of the day, there were suggestions that the indust...
Hyundai Motor has reached a tentative agreement with its unions over wages and benefits following a series of partial strikes....
Thomas Kuehl, former director of corporate strategy at Volkswagen Group Sales India, has been appointed to replace Park Dong-hoon as managing director and CEO of the Volkswagen brand in Korea....
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Connecting cars in Canada
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- CEO says Citroen wants to be quirky again
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Audi suspends two engineers over US diesel V6
- Takata manipulated test results back to 2000
- BMW launches fully online car buying process
- Brose completes JLR seat supply factory in UK
- Honda postpones new Brazil plant opening
- Autonomous Vehicles: Divergent futures
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electric motors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030