JAPAN: Mazda factory blast case sent to prosecutors
A local labour standards inspection office in Hiroshima has sent papers to prosecutors on Mazda Motor and a 51 year old factory manager over a blast at a plant in the city last October.
The office suspects that Mazda and the male manager failed to take appropriate measures to secure safety at the factory, Kyodo News reported.
The explosion occurred on 20 October at a shed to make cast-iron engine components. Melted iron that spilled from a toppled container reacted with water contained in nearby sand, causing a steam explosion.
Three workers suffered slight burns in the accident.
In a statement, Mazda expressed regret over the accident and said it would fully cooperate with the prosecutors.
After being entertained for the last couple of weeks by Germany v France over Mercedes' choice of air conditioner refrigerant (colleague Simon Warburton has now learned so much about R134a v r1234yf h...
The battle over air conditioning refrigerant between Mercedes-Benz and France (more or less repping the EU) continued this week with neither side showing signs of backing down....
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Details of concepts and new models which made their global debuts on 30 August at the media preview day of the Chengdu motor show....
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- COMMENT: BMW & Mercedes battle over self parking
- Q&A: Volvo XC90 chief engineer Håkan Ivarsson
- RESEARCH SNAPSHOT: Review of front-end modules
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: 'Game changing' configurator
- Arrested Toyota executive quits
- JUST THE FACTS: 2016 Audi A4 first look
- VW plans low cost car family
- UK auto sector delivering on growth
- Infrastructure and logistics make Brazil costly
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2029