JAPAN: Mazda factory blast case sent to prosecutors
A local labour standards inspection office in Hiroshima has sent papers to prosecutors on Mazda Motor and a 51 year old factory manager over a blast at a plant in the city last October.
The office suspects that Mazda and the male manager failed to take appropriate measures to secure safety at the factory, Kyodo News reported.
The explosion occurred on 20 October at a shed to make cast-iron engine components. Melted iron that spilled from a toppled container reacted with water contained in nearby sand, causing a steam explosion.
Three workers suffered slight burns in the accident.
In a statement, Mazda expressed regret over the accident and said it would fully cooperate with the prosecutors.
After being entertained for the last couple of weeks by Germany v France over Mercedes' choice of air conditioner refrigerant (colleague Simon Warburton has now learned so much about R134a v r1234yf h...
The battle over air conditioning refrigerant between Mercedes-Benz and France (more or less repping the EU) continued this week with neither side showing signs of backing down....
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Details of concepts and new models which made their global debuts on 30 August at the media preview day of the Chengdu motor show....
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Yes, some car companies do good things – COMMENT
- Integrated Canadian test cells impress OEMs
- Bosch investigated for role in VW scandal
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- VW Group reins in capital spending
- Canada "needs to turn automakers back" from Mexico
- Volkswagen making progress on diesel emissions fix
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030